JOIN OUR TEAM – Don't miss your chance! Come see what all the fuss is about.
Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is accepting resumes for an EXPERIENCED Heavy Equipment Maintenance Supervisor, working directly with open pit mining clients, for service and maintenance in the Alberta Oil Sands. It is a safety-sensitive position on a 14/14 rotation within a mine site in the Fort McMurray (Wood Buffalo) Region. The supervisor will be is motivated, committed and wants to grow with us.
The opportunity available within the organization is due to continual growth and the need for additional resources to support our growing teams and ever-expanding heavy equipment needs.
Maintenance Supervisors direct the maintenance workforce and provide expertise to ensure tasks are completed to Heavy Metal Equipment’s standards of quality, safety and efficiency. We are seeking an individual who is dedicated to safety and are responsible for guiding and mentoring our technicians, planning and managing workloads and creating efficiencies. An excellent Maintenance Supervisor will:
- Be self-motivated with a powerful positive drive and commitment to maintain strong process control and behavioral discipline
- Be able to build and maintain strong positive relationships and work culture
- Be proactive, able to think on your feet and have exceptional problem-solving skills
- Be prepared to go the extra mile to achieve the desired results
- Have exceptional organizational skills
- Have exceptional leaderships skills
In pursuing this position with us, you are opening the door to a fulfilling career with a dynamic company that continues to grow and develop. We know that great people are the key to the success of our business!
Our Commitment to YOU:
- Competitive wages & benefits - NEW!! Base salary + 6.5% of gross earnings for hours worked
- Bonus Structure
- Group Benefits (Health, Dental and so much more)
- Matching RRSP
- Positive team environment
- Current equipment
- A work environment dedicated to your safety
- Site specific training
- Safety training
- Advancement opportunities
- Company shared transportation to and from site
The Maintenance Supervisor, if not local to Fort McMurray/Wood Buffalo Region, is provided shared company housing and transportation to and from site from Fort McMurray. The supervisor will be required to work 12.5 hour days on a 14 on and 14 off rotating schedule, rotating sets between days and nights. The ability to access the mine site is mandatory.
As a Maintenance Supervisor, you will be expected to:
- Adhere to, promote and enforce all company, contractual, legislated and client safety initiatives
- Supervise all maintenance and repairs of Heavy Metal’s and the client’s equipment/fleet to ensure they are completed on time and on budget
- Delegate repairs and maintenance according to priorities
- Ensure care and consideration is given to all assets including service vehicles, tooling, property and shop
- Manage, motivate, develop and provide direct leadership, mentorship and coaching to technicians
- Manage work orders, including back charges
What We Need From YOU:
- A desire to make a difference and take pride in your work
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a Red Seal Heavy Equipment Technician with a minimum of 2 years at a Lead Hand level
- Experience with dozers, haul trucks, shovels and excavators of all major brands such as CAT, John Deere, Hitachi, Komatsu
- Construction and mining experience preferred
- Superior leadership skills to successfully mentor and guide your team in a healthy, positive and safe working environment
- Experience working with budgets
- Superior mechanical aptitude
- Demonstrated commitment to safe work practices
- Ability to champion a strong safety culture
- Strong ethics and compliance to rules and regulations
- Collaborative communication style at all levels of the organization demonstrating an open, honest and consistent approach to working with others
- Physical strength (ability to lift and manage 50 pounds)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Sound working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite of products
As part of our Hiring Process, YOU will be asked to:
- Provide a minimum of an advanced Class 5 Driver's License and clean Driver's Abstract
- Provide a criminal record check
- Complete drug and alcohol screening with a negative result
- Complete a fitness evaluation related specifically to your position
- Provide copies of current certifications (if you do not have any of the training required to be on site, we will provide it for you)
- Comply with federal, provincial and Heavy Metal/client site requirements regarding COVID-19
Helping you Move the Earth!
Celebrating more than 20 years in the business, Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals is North America's largest heavy equipment rental company that supplies, repairs and maintains products and rental services to all four earth-moving industry sectors:
- Mining equipment
- Construction equipment
- Pipeline equipment
- Forestry equipment
We are very excited that we have opportunity and growth in supporting our clientele in their Heavy Equipment needs!
When you join the Heavy Metal Team, you are also joining the Heavy Metal family. People are our most valuable asset and we are committed to ensuring the health, safety and well-being of everyone in the workplace.
Heavy Metal Equipment & Rentals - Head Office
4613 41 Street, Camrose, AB T4V 2Y8
If you want to be part of a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to forward your resume and cover letter by fax to 780-672-8599 or by email indicating Maintenance Supervisor in the subject line.
We thank you for your interest in this position; however only those selected will be contacted for further pre-employment screening and interviews.
Employment is conditional on negative pre-employment drug and alcohol screening result and the ability to meet the physical demands of this position. This posting will remain open until suitable candidates are found.
- Personal protective equipment provided or required
- Social distancing guidelines in place
- Virtual meetings
- Sanitizing, disinfecting, or cleaning procedures in place
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Store discount
- Vision care
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
To meet the needs of this position, you will be required to work in settings where other people are working. Considering the COVID-19 pandemic, rest assured we have taken every possible precaution to ensure the health and safety of all those we encounter.
- heavy equipment mechanical: 3 years (preferred)
- open pit mining: 3 years (preferred)
- heavy equipment (dozer, haul truck, excavator, shovel): 3 years (preferred)
Work Location: In person