Full Job Description
Every day REDI’s team of over 230 employees develops and delivers meaningful programs, supports and advocacy for persons with disabilities. Founded in 1952, REDI Enterprises Society is the driving force behind the movement to build a community where everyone belongs. This is not just a marketing catchphrase. It is a fundamental belief, and heartfelt mission on the part of all of us who workday in and day out to move our community closer to that goal.
REDI’s mission is to enable individuals to attain respect, opportunity, and responsibility. We value reciprocal respect, trust, integrity, support, honesty, empowerment, compassion, and accountability.
About the Position:
REDI Enterprises Society has an exciting opportunity for a Respite Provider in Medicine Hat, Alberta. This is a contract position that requires you to provide a safe and caring environment on a temporary basis in your home. The level of care and support needed varies depending on each individual clients’ abilities and natural supports they have. The Respite Provider will be required to work collaboratively with the individual clients’ support team including other caregivers, parents, Guardians, and Trustees.
- Provide a safe and accessible living space for individuals
- Deliver medications in accordance with REDI Policy and assist with Health Care needs, including applicable documentation
- Provide and prepare meals while promoting and teaching proper nutrition, meal preparation and cooking skills suited to individual’s skill level and learning abilities
- Provide opportunities for recreation and community inclusion as well as facilitate the development of natural supports
- Criminal record check with Vulnerable Sector
- Able to attend REDI’s Agency Orientation
- Valid First Aid/CPR Level C
- Experience and/or education related to the disability services sector
If transporting clients in own or company vehicle we also require;
- A Drivers abstract
- A copy of current driver’s license
- A copy of current Auto Insurance (with $2 million liability)
REDI Enterprises Society is committed to providing and maintaining a work environment that is healthy and safe. REDI Enterprises Society has a new COVID-19 vaccination policy that all successful candidates are required to follow prior to the agreed upon start date. You will be required to show proof of vaccination prior to commencing your duties.
Clients and their support team decide how to best divide their funds based on their individual goals and resources. On average, clients receive between 16-20 hours per month. The number varies depending on the amount of travel expenses and access fees the client has each month.
We thank all applicants, however only candidates under consideration will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Fixed term contract