Full Job Description
Program: Abilities Service
Family Ties Association is a recognized and certified agency delivering In-home Family and Youth Support Services in Southern Alberta. The Family Ties Association is inviting applications for Casual/wage positions with opportunities to increase case load in the future.
Currently we are seeking individuals who can fulfil the role:
Respite Support Worker
Must be available to work the following hours:
- July and August able to work daytime Tues/Thurs 7.5 hour shift, daytime hours (staff and family have flexibility to determine a mutually agreement start/end time for the shift)
- Once school starts in September all hours change to after school hours (3:30 to 8pm twice a week), with additional hours able to be worked during school breaks (PD Days, Christmas, Reading week, ect)
- There may be the opportunity to gradually increase these hours as we slowly build your caseload.
Primary role of Respite Worker will be to promote community integration, communication and social skills, as well as help with community access, leisure and assisting youth and families towards accomplishing their goals within their home. Worker will help youth get dressed and ready for school, including school drop off.
- experience working with youth living with a disability (behavioral or developmental)
- Candidates must have a valid Class 5 driver's license (non-GDL) or be eligible and willing to remove GDL and a reliable vehicle to use for work.
- Comfortable supporting individual with changing clothes, for example at the swimming pool
- If successful be able to provide a Clear Criminal Record check and current Child Welfare Check
- Successful candidate will be able to provide the following confirmation letters from insurance company: 2 million in insurance liability, 3 years claims free experience letter and 3 years driver abstract
We look forward to hearing from you and thank all applicants for interest shown in the position(s). Only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
Following AHS Guidelines
- Able to work all posted hours?
- Disability Services: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 Licence or eligible and willing to remove GDL (required)