Full Job Description
Fantastic Opportunity to Be Part of a Great Team!
Roofmart, Canada’s National distributor for Exterior Building Supply for Roofing, Siding, Metal and Building Envelope. With over 50 Roofmart locations across Canada, we are strategically positioned to handle all our customer needs. We are looking for Enthusiastic, Driven, Outside of the Box Thinkers to help us grow our business.
Position: Rooftop Loader/Shipper and Receiver
Shift: Days – between 6:00 am and 4:30 pm
Pay Rate: We Offer Competitive Wages & Bonus Incentives!
What will you do?
- Load rooftops with bundles of shingles and related products
- Work closely and co-operatively with driver to ensure safe and efficient delivery of product
- Handle material by hand and with use of appropriate equipment
- Safely load, unload, move, ship and receive product and inventory
- Ensure orders are picked correctly, tagged and double checked
- Maintain clean and organized work environments in the store and yard
- Strictly adhere to and comply with all health and safety rules, regulations, and legislation
- Other duties as required
Why work for Roofmart?
- Competitive Wages & Bonus Incentives
- Dental & Health Benefits
- RRSP Contributions & Company Matching
- Work/Life Balance – straight day shifts
- Overtime Available
- 2 weeks' vacation
What do you have?
- Fall Protection/Working at Heights training - an asset (can be provided)
- Valid Forklift License - an asset (training can be provided)
- Ability to lift, push and carry 80-100lbs repeatedly
- Strong customer service skills
- Previous Warehouse and Forklift Experience - Preferred
- Knowledge of the roofing industry would be considered an asset
Benefits of Employment: Roofmart recognizes that its success is due to the strength of its employees. A primary goal of Roofmart is to promote individual employee's sense of accomplishment and contribution so that employees enjoy their association with Roofmart. The Company invests in its employees so that they are the most knowledgeable in the industry, and undertakes great efforts to nurture loyalty to, and teamwork at, Roofmart. We are pleased to offer competitive compensation, health care, a progressive and challenging workplace and a commitment to teamwork and integrity.
Diversity and Equal Opportunity Employment: Roofmart is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to diversity and inclusion and are pleased to consider all qualified applicants for employment without consideration to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status or disability. Roofmart encourages and welcome applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.