Tradewind Scientific Ltd. is a small aerospace company focused on airport safety and environment-related products & services based in Ottawa, Ontario. Our staff consists of a versatile group of scientists, engineers, software developers, and technicians, all with extensive experience on airfield systems project work. Since 1980 we have been providing technical measurement and monitoring services along with associated equipment, support and training to airports in Canada, the U.S., Europe and Scandinavia. We have an ongoing product development/technology roadmap to ensure that our clients will be kept up to date with the latest technology solutions.
We are currently looking to fill an immediate opening for one , full-time, seasonal (May to October), Runway Friction Testing Technician. Responsibilities will include operation, service and calibration of specialized runway friction measurement equipment, including undertaking onsite runway friction surveys at designated airports across the nation
Extensive travel within Canada from May to October will be an essential part of this position and the successful candidate must be able to commit to this requirement.
- A proven ability to work well independently and coordinate with a small, focused team
- Quick learning skills, strong work ethic, and attention to detail are essential
- Excellent verbal and written communication in English (French is an asset)
- An interest and capability to successfully conduct practical hands-on operations, diagnostics and service of electronic, electrical, and mechanical equipment and systems
- Excitement for discovering new places across Canada while delivering high-quality customer-centered services
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- A Diploma/Degree or ongoing studies in Aviation/Electronics/Electrical/Civil/Mechanical Engineering and related fields (or an equivalent level of experience)
- Experience (3-5+ years) in the service and diagnostics of electronic, mechanical and computer systems equipment
- Full G license accompanied by experience driving/operating a variety of vehicles including pickup trucks (experience towing utility trailers would be considered an asset)
- Experience in the configuration and testing of electronic systems and components
- Comfortable travelling by road (essential), air and ferry
Experience in any/all the following would be considered an asset:
- Operation of electronic test or survey equipment
- Radiotelephone Operator’s License
- Airfield Operations and Management
- Any interest or previous experience in the aviation industry would be a bonus but is not essential.
Compensation and specific working arrangements will be awarded based on the experience, match, commitment, and performance of the successful candidate.
Who can apply: All persons who have legal status to work in Canada. Please indicate in your application the reason for which you are entitled to work in Canada: Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status, or work permit.
Interested applicants must include their resume in their application.
Tradewind Scientific Ltd. is an equal opportunity employer committed to building a skilled and diverse workforce that reflects the communities we serve. We promote employment equity and welcome applications from qualified individuals, including members of visible minorities, women, Indigenous peoples and persons with disabilities.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 5-6 months
Salary: $30.00-$36.00 per hour
- Casual dress
Work Location: On the road