Lethbridge School Division - Learning Commons/Library Facilitator - LCI
We are excited to have a Learning Commons/Library Facilitator opportunity available August 21, 2023.
Lethbridge School Division is looking for an energetic, collaborative and creative individual to work as part of a dynamic team. Lethbridge School Division, embraces diversity and functions in a dynamic, innovative and fast paced environment. The Learning Commons/Library Facilitator supports schools by being an agile and responsive individual who creates an environment that is available to individuals and groups to use for multiple, often simultaneous, purposes. Learning Commons/Library Facilitators support literacy, numeracy, competency development, and student learning outcomes. Learning Commons/Library Facilitators provide access to print and digital resources, including the use of technology for learning in order to enable creation, collaboration, and communication.
The successful applicant will act in an advisory role to assist students and staff in locating material and using technology and other learning commons resources. External contacts may be made with other learning commons or resource centers to locate requested information or materials. Learning Commons/Library Facilitators work collaboratively in the selection and acquisition of material for the learning commons in consultation with Administration and/or the school based Learning Commons Committee. Learning Commons/Library Facilitators provide support, space and resources for inquiry, play, and imagination.
Learning Commons/Library Facilitators promote and facilitate the use of quality learning resources in multiple formats and provide exposure to a wide variety of Canadian and international resources (fiction and nonfiction) which reflect multiple perspectives, promote literacy and numeracy, and develop students’ interests and competencies beyond the school setting.
Refer to the Learning Commons/Library Facilitator job description for specific details.
What will you work?
35.0 hours/week Monday to Friday for the 2023-2024 school year.
This position follows the assigned Learning Commons/Library Facilitator calendar and affords the successful candidate to have some school breaks off.
What do you need to succeed?
- Have a strong understanding and commitment towards our school’s philosophy.
- Have a proven understanding of and commitment to the Learning Commons philosophy as it relates to Division Policy and Alberta Education.
- Have a proven history of positive interactions with students and parents.
- Have a proven history of advocacy for community involvement in the school.
- Have a proven history of being a committed team member at both the school and division level.
- Have a proven understanding of literature that best interests students.
- Have a proven commitment to organizing, implementing and facilitating Maker Spaces.
We are looking for experience in the following programs:
**Candidates may be tested for computer proficiency
Lethbridge Collegiate Institute serves approximately 1100 students and exists to provide our students and community with education opportunities, experiences, and challenges through the provision of high quality Academic, Co-Curricular, and Social Programs; in a supportive, caring environment.
Please note that only those selected for further consideration will be contacted regarding an interview.
Education and Experience Required:
- Post-secondary Diploma and related experience.
- Candidates who do not possess a two (2) year diploma in a related program will be required to complete five (5) courses through Mohawk College.
- Combination of education and experience.
- Proof of Grade 12 or General Educational Development (GED). Education received outside of Canada will require a Educational Credential Assessment (ECA) confirming high school or post secondary equivalencies.
- Post-secondary diploma in Library and Information Technician with some related experience.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
In order to ensure and maintain a safe and secure working and learning environment, applicants new to Lethbridge School Division who are offered employment must provide:
- A police information check; including Vulnerable Sector Check from Police Services or an RCMP detachment that does not have any charges or convictions.
- A satisfactory Intervention Record Check from South Region Alberta Child and Family Services.
- Proof of photo identification, may be a valid driver’s licence, provincial identification card as issued by a licensed government registry office, valid passport or Nexus card. If one cannot be provided, a new card must be obtained and proof of application provided within three days of hire.
- Documentation of a valid Social Insurance Number in the employee’s legal name. If valid Social Insurance documentation in the current legal name can not be provided, the successful candidate will be required to obtain a new one within three days of hire.
The wage range for this position is $21.56 - $24.33/hour depending on experience.
Lethbridge School Division prides itself on supporting and promoting the wellness of our employees through our diverse benefit plan and providing time off to attend to personal matters. As a result, we offer an exceptional benefit package for you and your family to access. Some of the amazing benefits included are:
- 100% employer paid premiums for health and dental care.
- Health/Wellness Spending Account (HSA/WSA).
- Free 24/7 access to our Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP). This includes but is not limited to:
- Lifestyle and specialty counselling (Health, Life Balance and Career).
- Competitive retirement plan.
- Discount at a variety of local fitness facilities within Lethbridge.
This is a purposeful and rewarding career that helps make a difference in students lives!
Posting will remain open until May 15, 2023 at 10:00 am.