Who we are
As the Working and Learning Company, we at Staples Canada, are dynamic, inspiring partners to our customers and the communities in which we live. At Staples, we inspire people to work smarter, learn more and grow every day. We look for people who are curious, approachable and passionate, and who enjoy finding solutions.
If that’s you, let’s work, learn and grow together.
We are building an inclusive and diverse team
Staples Canada is creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. We welcome, value and thrive on perspectives and contributions from backgrounds that vary by race, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, lifestyle, age, educational background, national origin, religion or physical ability. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
Some of what you do
As the Sales Support Supervisor, you are responsible for the execution of all merchandising and store presentation functions to ensure overall store readiness for the customer experience. These include freight flow, merchandising standards and inventory and replenishment procedures. You’re a process expert; providing guidance and training to all operations/store presentation associates in these areas. You may also provide support in-cash reconciliation and processes and procedures relating to inventory management. You assist the management team with the coaching of operations associates to ensure an exceptional customer experience by creating a visually appealing and stocked shopping environment.
- Action procedures to uphold all merchandising standards, including current pricing, signage, planograms and seasonal promotional displays.
- Take a lead role in the inventory process, including the coordination and execution of the receiving area.
- Ensure that a clean and safe environment is always top-of-mind, keeping the safety of yourself, your team, and our customers as a key priority.
Some of what you need
- 3-4 years of retail experience (in merchandising )
- 1-2 years of supervisory / coaching experience
- Successful completion of high school is preferred.
- Strong ability with customer services and sales
- Be a dynamic, inspiring partner to our customers and for our associates
- Solutions Finder
Some of what you will get
- Associate discount
- Health and Dental benefits
- Performance bonuses
- Learning & Development programs
- And more...
- A moderate amount of physical effort and operation of equipment / machinery is required to execute our merchandising standards and to maximize our customer experience.
- Exposure to moderate levels of noise generated by the print equipment.
- You are required to stand in a stationary position for periods of time. This would occur while working on various orders.
- Required to work a varying schedule to meet the needs of the business. This includes working evenings and weekends.
Staples is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and we encourage applications from all qualified candidates, including those with disabilities. We will accommodate applicants’ needs, upon request, throughout all stages of the recruitment process. Please inform us of the accommodation(s) that you may require. Information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.