Full Job Description
- Under the direction of the Paint / Blast Foreman, a Sandblaster abrades surfaces to remove adhering scale, paint, rust, and dirt using abrasive-blasting equipment.
Summary of Duties: (Duties may include, but are not limited to the following)
- Shovels or pours abrasives, such as sand, grit, or shot of specified grade into machine hopper.
- Wears gloves and helmet, or hood, to protect against breathing sand-laden air and injury to eyes and hands.
- May mask areas not being sandblasted and areas of object to protect from abrading action.
- Adjusts valves on equipment to regulate air and abrasive mixture flowing through nozzle to obtain optimal performance of equipment and to obtain the desired blast profile.
- Manually directs nozzle over surface of large parts for specified interval.
- Moves materials and equipment to work locations and sets up work sites.
- Examine finished parts to ensure conformance to specifications.
- Follows all hazardous waste handling guidelines.
- Completes records, maintains tools and equipment, and performs various clean-up and housekeeping activities.
- Operate, maintain and troubleshoot stationary and mobile blasting equipment.
- Plus additional duties as assigned by Supervisor
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Keen eye for detail and willingness to learn
- Manual dexterity and ability to work at heights
- Operate powered mobile equipment such as forklifts
- Operate Overhead Cranes or other appropriate equipment for lifting, lowering, pushing, pulling, carrying, handling or transporting heavy or awkward loads.
- A friendly, outgoing personality and ability to work with individuals, groups, and other organizations to carry out the goals of Hranco Industries Ltd. A Team Player.
- Perform all work in a safe manner, following work instructions and / or safe operating procedures.
- It is an included and expected responsibility that Health & Safety of the employee as well as fellow employees be a part of everyone’s everyday activities when employed by Hranco Industries Ltd.
Education, Qualifications, and Experience:
- Possess a suitable combination of education and experience as deemed acceptable by the management, to be able to perform the responsibilities outlined in this Job Description.
- Forklift Ticket
- Experience an asset
Job Type: Full-time
- Extended health care
- Day shift
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- painting: 1 year (preferred)