Brock Canada Industrial Ltd
A Scaffolders’ duties may vary from site to site, however, the main responsibilities of a Scaffolder are to erect temporary work platforms using steel pipes, support braces and clamps with a high standard of workmanship using a variety of tools. Scaffolders work both indoors and outdoors, year-round in commercial and industrial settings.
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS: :
- Apprenticeship level ticket
- CSTS, Fall Protection, H2S Alive, Confined Space, Common Safety Orientation
- Must be local to Medicine Hat Area
- Must be able to work for 8 hours at a time in an environment where temperatures may reach from 0 to 60° C, both indoors and outdoors in the sun.
- Work in an environment in which vibrations and noise are moderate to severe and noise level may require the wearing of hearing protection devices.
- Climb and maintain balance on ladders and scaffolding at extreme heights.
- Stoop, kneel, crouch, and crawl.
- Lift and carry objects weighing up to 50 pounds often and occasionally up to 100 pounds.
- Maintain footing on surfaces which are sometimes slippery.
- Must be able to effectively communicate with other employees and supervisors.
- Use arms and hands to reach for, handle, and feel objects; and coordinate well the use of hands or fingers and eyes.
- Must be able to supply a negative Drug & Alcohol Pre-Access test.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS: :
- Must comply with all safety regulations of Soogadin Field Services
- Ensures that work is performed in accordance with Contractor specifications and/or as directed by the Contractor’s representative.
- Ensures they are following the applicable Site/Contractor’s Safety Procedures and safety requirements.
- Assures that the proper materials, tools, and equipment is being used for the specified tasks.
- Reads specifications, such as blueprints and data, to determine requirements.
- Able to install steel pipes, support braces, and clamps to form bases for scaffolds.
- Able to dismantle scaffold upon job completion.
- Can identify the type of scaffolding material to be used for the job (frame, tube & clamp, system).
- Able to thoroughly describe scaffolding materials.
- Sort and organize material
- Able to count and place orders for material
- Required to complete safety paperwork such as FLRA’s, Start Cards, etc.
- Other duties as assigned.
Please send resumes to Jennifer.George@brockgroup.com: