As a Seasonal Lead Merchandiser for the Garden Centre, you will take on a leadership role in creating a full and fresh environment that enhances the customer experience.
This position is ideal for individuals with a passion for gardening, strong experience in merchandising, and the ability to lead a team in an extremely fast-paced and outdoor environment.
As the Seasonal Lead Merchandiser, you will oversee the execution of merchandising strategies, drive sales, and ensure the garden centre is a visually appealing destination for customers.
Leadership and Training:
- Lead and inspire a team of seasonal merchandisers to achieve high standards of product display and maintenance
- Conduct training sessions to ensure team members are well-versed in product knowledge and merchandising techniques
- Oversee the placement and presentation of products to maximize visual impact and drive sales in collaboration with garden centre management
- Ensure accurate pricing and signage on all displays.
- Collaborate with store management to monitor inventory levels and provide ordering feedback as needed.
- Conduct regular inventory counts to identify and address discrepancies and minimize inadequacies in inventory levels
- Provide exceptional customer service by assisting with inquiries, offering product knowledge, and ensuring a positive shopping experience.
- Gather customer feedback and communicate insights to improve merchandising strategies.
- Uphold visual merchandising standards by regularly inspecting and maintaining the cleanliness and organization of displays.
- Maintain all watering and plant care schedules
- Address and resolve any issues related to damaged or unsellable merchandise promptly.
- Previous experience in retail merchandising, garden centre experience is preferred.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal abilities.
- Intermediate level with apps, technology and working within reporting portals
- Passion for gardening and outdoor living.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, seasonal environment.
- Must be willing and able to work in a physical environment that includes pushing, pulling, lifting up to 40 lbs and bending on a regular basis
- Willingness to work in an outdoor environment in all weather conditions
- This is a seasonal position, that operates between April-June for 8-9 weeks
- Full time Merchandisers work between 36-44 hrs each week
- Flexible availability, including weekends and holidays.
If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for excellence, strong time management skills and the ability to multitask, we invite you to apply for the Seasonal Lead Merchandiser position.
Job Types: Full-time, Seasonal
Salary: $25.00-$28.00 per hour
Expected hours: 36 – 44 per week
- Casual dress
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Morning shift
- Night shift
- Weekends as needed
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Are you able to work the entire season from April-June?
- Merchandising: 3 years (preferred)
- Leadership: 2 years (preferred)
Ability to Commute:
- Medicine Hat, AB T1C 0C8 (required)
Work Location: In person