Our Opportunity: Rainbow Greenhouses Inc. supplies indoor and garden plants to retailers in Western Canada and North Western US. We are seeking highly motivated and hard-working individuals to merchandise our product at the Home Depot Garden Center in Medicine Hat, Alberta. With this position, you can be proud of what you do. Potential to grow with the company!
Job Summary: Merchandisers are responsible for the care and presentation of the live goods in the local retail stores and restocking product. Successful merchandisers work hard, know that details matter, follow directions easily and completely, and are self-motivated. Merchandisers are responsible for the visual display and integrity of our products as well as pricing and inventory management. Daily duties include offloading product from carts to benches or staging carts, merchandising product accordingly, creating full and beautiful displays as well as maintaining shelf fullness. We will also be responsible for maintaining product, which includes watering, pruning, and product rotation. Team members will have shared responsibility of creating daily plans, task delegation, reporting, and communication to supervisor. Shifts are spent outside in the garden centre – rain or shine!
· Must be a team player – open to working with all members of the team.
· Positive attitude – approach all situations with a positive attitude!
· Own it – complete your job from start to finish making sure when it’s handed off, it has been approached with 100% effort.
Responsibilities include but not limited to:
1. Physical work- able to lift 50lbs
2. Ability to push/pull and reach
3. Unloading carts of product onto tables and/or carts
4. Pricing appropriately if required
5. Reporting inventory needs to supervisors
6. Merchandise displays according to Rainbow merchandising standards
7. Ability to be on your feet for long periods of time
8. Self-driven, prioritize time and duties
9. High energy level
10. Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
11. Attention to detail
12. Ability to work independently and with a team
Qualifications and Education Requirements
· Smart phone required, regular usage (email/phone/photos, etc)
· Personal and reliable vehicle preferred but not required
· Safety-toed shoes required (steel or composite) for duration of shift
Excellent people skills, adaptability, self-directed, organizational skills, problem solving, physically capable of manual labor.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Seasonal
Contract length: 4 months
Part-time hours: 8-32 per week
Salary: From $16.00 per hour
- Casual dress
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Merchandising: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person