PepsiCo has current openings for Packaging support workers.
PepsiCo Canada is recognized as one of Canada’s top 100 employers. PepsiCo products are enjoyed by consumers more than one billion times a day in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. Our product portfolio includes 22 world-famous, billion-dollar brands, from Gatorade to Quaker, Tropicana to Lay’s and more. We make hundreds of enjoyable foods and beverages that are loved throughout the world. PepsiCo's effort to help build a more sustainable food system represents a key element of the company's broader vision of accelerated, sustainable growth known as Winning with Purpose. As part of this vision, PepsiCo is striving to be a better company by further integrating purpose into the core of its business and brands and doing even more for people and the planet. Our purpose efforts include fostering a diverse and inclusive work environment, supporting the communities where we live and work, and improving choices in our portfolio through reformulations and new products.
At PepsiCo Canada, we are focused on delighting our consumers by delivering high-quality products and exciting brand campaigns. Our people are critical to our success and by supporting their personal growth and development and providing them with the tools they need to succeed, PepsiCo Canada is a company you’ll be proud to join!
What you’ll be working on:
· Re-pack Lines:
o Finished Product Repackaging: Requesting product from warehouse, ensuring proper rotation of finished goods. Lifting cases with product to refill hoppers. Work as a team with Line Operator to ensure continuous run.
o Bulk Product Repackaging: Support operator by placing totes with product in equipment. Removing empty totes from the line and properly dispose of them.
o Tote Line: Forming bulk cardboard totes, placing a lining and ensure totes are properly filled with product. Closing and labeling the totes. Requesting warehouse to pick them up from the production floor. Operating a pallet jack to move totes.
· Manual Packing of finished product:Manually forming cases and packing bags of chips into them. Labeling the cases. Stacking the cases to create a full pallet of product. Being able to keep up the pace to keep the line running smoothly.
· Changeovers: Working as a team to perform cleaning of various equipment to food safety standards in an allocated time during changeovers.
· Maintaining all working areas by keeping them clean and organized.
· Other housekeeping and general duties as assigned by the Team Supervisor
Qualifications / Requirements:
Who’s a good fit for the team:
· Excellent physical coordination and conditioning
· Good speaking and writing skills
· Team player with good interpersonal skills and willingness to learn
· Strong attention to detail
· Reliable and committed to follow safety and food safety protocols
· Experience operating a walkie-stacker is an asset
Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities:
· Repetitive tasks
· Physically demanding
· Fast paced environment
· Manual dexterity
· Hand-eye coordination
· Standing for extended periods of time
· Lifting up to 50 lbs.
What you can expect from us:
· A dynamic and inclusive culture that promotes you to bring your whole-self to work
· A supportive team that will encourage your professional growth and development
· An opportunity to be meaningful and impactful within your work and projects
· An organization that aims to use their scale, reach and expertise to build a more sustainable world
Job Type: Full-time
Work Location: In person