BLOOD TRIBE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH INC.
BTDH thanks all of those who apply but only those whom are selected for an interview will be contacted.
TITLE: Security Guard
FTE: Permanent and Casual positions available
PROGRAM: Bringing the Spirit Home- Lethbridge Shelter
REPORTING TO: Coordinator and/or Team Lead
SUMMARY OF WORK:
The security guard is responsible for ensuring a safe enviroment for all employees, clientele and visitors. Hours of work
consist of Days, Evenings, and Night rotations.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• 2 to 3 years experience in a high risk environment: health care, low income, homeless shelters, etc.(required)
• Minimum 1 year experience in a Security Guard position (preferred)
• Valid Alberta security License (preferred/ training may be provided)
• Valid First Aid Certification (preferred/ training may be provided)
• Overtime work may be required
• Able to sit, walk, trasfer, lift (80 lbs), carry epuipment and supplies, if required.
• Experience with CCTV, access control systems and fire response systems is a must
• Energetic and self-directed, with effective time management and organizational skills including the ability to deal
with several priorities at the same time
• Resiliency and stress tolerance and the ability to maintain composure, remain calm and focused when dealing
with a high volume of volatile and stressful situations
• The ability to make sound rational decisions based on information provided and employ critical thinking where
information may not be clear.
• Strong strategically-focused analytical skills, good common sense; and capacity to provide leadership
• Well-developed interpersonal, conflict resolution and negotiating skills
• Resourcefulness and knowledge of community resources and social support systems
• High morals, ethics and integrity.
• Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to improve projects, programs and processes
• As per BTDH Salary Grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Ongoing
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Current Criminal Record Check including vulnerable sector, Three (3) updated
references, Copy of Certificates:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.