Position Title: Guardhouse Attendant
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
Requisition ID: 26347
Summary: To oversee operations of the Guardhouse, maintain contractor data and records. Provide office Assistance and builds relationships with internal and external vendors. There are 4 vacancies available.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Promotes and adheres to company safety work rules and regulations.
- Communicates and interacts with incoming personnel.
- Ensures attendants are accurately allowing visitors on site and following proper protocol.
- Maintain ISN by checking status and verification of employee training completion and report results to Gatehouse Supervisor.
- Coordinate with Gatehouse Supervisor on account management.
- Effectively communicate with contractor on access limitations if necessary.
- Ensures staff are checking seals on shipping containers.
- Communicate with the facility for any concerns or questions related to trucks.
- Maintain clear communication with truck operators.
- Ensures staff are documenting shipping truck numbers, trailer numbers, ingoing/outgoing weights.
- Ability to keep calm in a busy and demanding environment.
- Professional communication with plant staff, particularly when connecting visitors and contractors with plant contacts.
- Ensures staff are maintaining the operation of gates to allow people onsite and prevent access if necessary.
- Complete site orientation and sign of visitor agreements.
- Point of contact and following procedures in case of an emergency.
- Cross trained in Scale House to cover as required.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Competencies)
- Must have proven history of safe work habits and drive this across the team.
- Efficiency in use of excel spreadsheets.
- ISN & PC&R experience an asset but not required.
- Efficiency in Office Outlook, Excel, and Word.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively complete tasks in a busy environment.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Able to exercise good judgment in making decisions relative to their workspace.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must have strong communication skills, ability to follow detailed instructions, and be able to maintain good working relationships with Supervision and coworkers as well as ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be an effective leader, capable of organizing an entire team and developing growth and cross training plans to strengthen team.
- Ability to work on a rotating shift basis.
- Must be willing to work in a team-based atmosphere.
There are 4 spots available.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Agriculture; Customer Service; General & Administration; Manufacturing
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Location(s): CA - Canada : Alberta : Coaldale
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)
More Jobs at McCain Foods
About McCain Foods
At McCain Foods we know the importance that food plays in people's lives - the power it has to uplift and bring people, families, businesses and communities together. Guided by our purpose to bring enjoyment to people's lives through great tasting food, we believe that working together with our teams, business and community partners will bring sustainable growth and positive change - today, tomorrow and for generations to come. As a privately owned family company with over 60 years of experience, a presence in over 160 countries and a global team of 21,000 people, our values and culture are at the heart of everything we do. Our product quality, people and customer dedication help us achieve global sales in excess of CDN $9.5 billion. We are passionate about supporting and developing our people-providing opportunities to grow and learn in their roles, as well as building careers for the long term.