Hat Metal Mart Ltd. is a Metal Roofing/Siding and Trim shop that has been in business supplying Medicine Hat and area for over 30 years.
We have an opening for a reliable individual to take on the role of Shop Assistant.
As Shop Assistant you will be trained on the job to use a Metal Folding Brake and Shear to assist with customer orders.
Responsibilities of the Shop Assistant:
1. You will be responsible to assist our Brake and Shear Operators with everyday tasks.
2. You will be responsible for maintaining the Shop, keeping work areas Clean and Tidy.
3. You will be responsible for loading Customer Orders.
4. You will be responsible for completing assigned tasks on time.
5. You will be responsible for maintaining quality and assuring a high level of customer satisfaction.
Regular working hours are from 7:30AM - 4:30PM, Monday - Friday, with a 1-hour lunch between Noon and 1:00pm.
1. Mathematical Aptitude - Must be able to read a tape measure and do simple decimal/fraction conversions.
2. Communication Skills - ability to effectively communicate both verbally and written.
3. Organization - ability to work efficiently and effectively.
4. Technology - Must have basic knowledge of Fractions, Decimals, and trigonometry for programming Brakes.
5. Will require a High School Diploma.
6. Candidates with previous experience with trim forming, would be considered an asset.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: From $18.00 per hour
- Monday to Friday
- 8 hour shift
Work Location: One location