Are you looking for something more than just a job? Are you looking for a community, a partnership, a team, and an opportunity to learn and grow in your career?
As one of world’s leading, and fastest-growing home furnishing retailers, we know what it takes to build a satisfying career.
As a Store Warehouse Colleague, you are proficient with ensuring the logistics of the store are up to date. You will help unload, stock, and retrieve merchandise in the backroom of the store.
Store Warehouse Colleagues are enthusiastic and ready to assist in all areas of the store including supporting our sales floor team as well as our cash team
Safety is the highest priority, and you must always follow safe work practices in the warehouse.
You will provide fast and friendly service to our customers by keeping customers informed on new sales and promotions. You will need to have strong product knowledge and ensure the product presentation on the floor is maintained. You will also ensure stock is replenished, assist with flyer products and pricing changes. You will offer efficient and genuine interactions to our customers when they are checking out merchandise by ensuring quick and accurate scanning of all items and payment transactions.
What this role brings to you:
- The possibility of being part of a dynamic team and culture
- The opportunity to have a rewarding career with various prospects for career advancement across different functions and teams
- A great benefit package for full-time colleagues (including medical, vision and dental)
- An amazing colleague discount on all JYSK products
What you bring to the role:
- Ability to operate pallet jack and other warehouse equipment
- First Class Customer Service Skills
- Ability to make decisions related to all aspects of shipping and receiving that supports company guidelines
- Comfortable working independently and seeking out assistance as required
- 1 Year of retail experience is preferred
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred
If this sounds like an opportunity for you, come join JYSK and experience it for yourself!
JYSK Canada is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We welcome and encourage all candidates to apply. Our company values diversity and is committed to creating an inclusive culture where Colleagues can fully develop and utilize their talents and strengths. We consider all applications based on the position requirements, and we do so without regard to any unrelated factor and/or characteristic. Reasonable accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the hiring process.
A significant output of physical effort is required through lifting, pulling, etc. Placement of merchandise and supplies of varying sizes weighing up to 20 kg without assistance and over 21 kg with team lifting.
Movement of freight by use of power equipment and manual equipment is required.
Use of Ladders is required