Reports to Store Manager:
As a Store Lead, you are expected to partner with your Store Manager (SM) to provide support in assisting the store team members to achieve sales performance expectations through active coaching, development of a team selling environment, and operational excellence when you are the manager on duty. This position is assigned store keys to open and close the store when scheduled, in the capacity of the manager on duty. You may also be assigned additional management development opportunities.
To be successful in this role the role you will:
- Inspire store team to achieve their best performance
- Execute to maximize growth and potential
- Create an engaged and inclusive store environment
- Elevate the customer experience through operational excellence
- Exceed customer expectations in all interactions
• Partners with Store Manager and management team to assist in leading store staff to achieve sales, service, and operational expectations when assigned as the manager on duty or to open/close the store.
• Supports the Store Manager and management team efforts to set clear performance expectations and to ensure the store team is trained in sales, customer service, and operations to meet company standard.
• Models company values and leads by example as an active coach.
• Communicates priorities and sales driving information effectively to ensure store staff is equipped to maximize business opportunities based on expectations set by the Store Manager.
• Collaborates with the Store Manager and management team to assist in recruiting store staff and embraces diversity by contributing to an inclusive store environment.
• Supports the Store Manager and management team in the achievement of store business plans, including sales, customer service and operational goals.
• Assists the Store Manager and management team in executing game plans and following up on execution to maximize sales and drive consistent performance results.
• Partners with Store Manager and management team to present opportunities with fact-based information and recommendations.
• Understands how to leverage store reports to understand decisions made to drive the store business.
• Participates in driving business outreach opportunities and communicate leads to Store Manager.
• Identifies performance opportunities and partners with Store Manager and management team to contribute to development of a plan to address and manage issues effectively.
• Partners with Store Manager and management team to ensure store schedule accuracy and proper staffing to effectively execute initiatives and operational tasks, while maintaining proper sales coverage to deliver on the customer promise.
• Assists Store Manager and management team with training store staff on all internal operational functions as assigned.
• Stays informed on corporate communication, directives, initiatives, policies and procedures.
• Supports the Store Manager and management team with the implementation of store programs to increase efficiencies in sales, service, operations, and branding when assigned.
• Contributes to an engaged and inclusive store environment where opinions and contributions are recognized and valued.
• Supports a culture of learning and development, ensuring training tools are leveraged.
• Serves as a role model to all store team members and provide enthusiastic motivational leadership.
• Assists the Store Manager and management team to create a steady pipeline of external talent through recruitment.
• Partners with Store Manager and management team to conduct regular store meetings ensuring all store team members are up to date with company directives.
• Assists the Store Manager and management team to train the store team on the customer service expectations and create an exceptional customer experience.
• Supports the Store Manager and management team to lead the store team to exceed customer expectations and achieve a high Net Promoter Score (NPS).
• Understands how to leverage customer feedback to understand decisions made by Store Manager to allow for appropriate action to prevent or resolve customer concerns.
• Collaborates with the Store Manager and management team to ensure the store is visually set to brand standards and marketing initiatives are executed per company direction.
• Minimum of 1 year of Retail or Sales experience.
• Creative individual who demonstrates good judgement and is tuned-into the pulse of the business.
• Self-motivated, results oriented, strategic thinker.
• Strong organizational and leadership skills.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrates active listening and problem-solving skills.
• Proven ability to train and develop high performing store teams.
• Proficient in technology systems, applications, Microsoft Office, and video conferencing.
• Ability to operate a computer and POS System.
• Ability to stand and walk for the majority of work shift, frequently bend, squat and twist, lift up to 50 lbs., climb a ladder to reach merchandise and or supplies, and see and distinguish between fabric patterns and colors.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.