In Medicine Hat, you'll feel right at home in a warm, welcoming, amenity-rich city that still retains that 'small town feeling'. And here at the City of Medicine Hat, be part of a workplace that's productive and engaged, and one that boasts a talented and diverse workforce.
The Medicine Hat Police Services has an exciting temporary opportunity for a self-directed, organized professional to join their team and coordinate activities related to the purchase, inventory and distribution of supplies, uniforms and equipment.
Our ideal candidate
- Excellent knowledge of the principles of Inventory management, store keeping and purchasing practices, as well as excellent computer skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to maintain strict confidentiality when handling sensitive information.
- Strong planning and organizational skills with a keen eye for details.
- Demonstrated sound judgement and time management skills and the ability to work efficiently, with a high degree of accuracy.
- Ability to perform physically demanding tasks.
- Successful completion of a one (1) year program in business administration, office technology, warehousing or parts technician from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Two(2) years' experience with stores and/or purchasing processes in a related field.
- Knowledge of WHMIS and Transportation of Dangerous Goods procedures and practices.
- Possess and maintain a Class 5 Alberta Driver's license with an acceptable driving record.
- A management approved combination of education and experience may be considered.
- Must pass a full Police Service security clearance as outlined in the Medicine Hat Police Service Policy and Procedures, including a polygraph examination.
We thank all applicants; however only those shortlisted will be contacted.
The foundation of the Medicine Hat Police Service Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Action Plan is the belief that a diverse and inclusive organization will be stronger, more resilient, and responsive to the needs of the community. Developed after a comprehensive workplace review and based upon feedback from employees the MHPS EDI Action Plan is committed to ensuring fair and equal access to employment opportunities for all employees in an environment that is respectful and free of harassment and discrimination. For more information visit mhps.ca. THAT'S INNOVATION MEDICINE HAT!