Reporting to a Foreman, a Laborer is responsible for providing physical labor support during all phases of construction and production. Laborer provides a broad range of support in areas, such as handwork, moving materials, clearing terrain, site preparation, shoveling and basic equipment operation.
- Perform various highway maintenance tasks such as potholes patching, cracks sealing, spray patching, culverts maintenance erosion and vegetation control, and bridge maintenance.
- Operate equipment such as skid steer, loader and powered hand tools as required.
- Perform preventive maintenance and cleaning of equipment.
- Ditch mowing, weed control, garbage pickup.
- Locate and identify hazards; taking immediate action as required.
- Operate equipment, such as pneumatic hammers, vibrators, tampers, and skid steer when needed.
- Other general labor and construction-related duties as required.
- Work Overtime as required.
- Work is performed in an outdoor setting, which could include inclement weather, heat and humidity, and exposure to dust and asphalt.
- Use of Personal Protection Equipment is required.
- Use of sunscreen, long sleeves and appropriate headgear is recommended.
- Must comply with the company’s substance testing requirements.
Qualifications & Experience:
- High School Diploma or G.E.D. preferred.
- Class 5 Driver’s License.
- Must be physically able to repetitively lift and carry at least 40 Lbs. on a regular basis.
- Ability to perform heavy strenuous work in an outdoor construction site setting.
- Ability to act courteously to project a positive company image.
- Awareness of one’s own condition and relative fitness to ensure total readiness for work.
Note: This is a fixed term contract: 4-5 months.
How to Apply:
Please submit applications/resumes to email@example.com, please reference Job ID # RQ23097
While we thank all applicants for their interest, only those selected will be contacted for an interview.
Job Type: Seasonal
Contract length: 4-5 months
Salary: $17.00-$20.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
- Class 5 License (required)
Work Location: In person