Just Like Family Home Care will take care of their employees by:
- Competitive wage including travel pay between $18.00 to $21.00 compensating for direct care.
- Full Time, Part Time & Casual Opportunities
- Mileage Pay
- ongoing training
- Initial orientation with pay
- Notable awards on a job well done every month
- Working near your home
- progression opportunities and opportunities to improve your career
- Flexibility in working hours and very accommodating administration, you will contact the administration personally.
Requirements to be successful in acquiring the job:
- You should have a Personal Support Worker or valid certification as a Home Support Worker , Home Support Worker Level 2 and 3, Health Care Aid or Personal Health Attendant.
- We hire students in their nursing courses or nurses from other countries.
- Current CPR and First Aid Certification
- A clear Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening within 1 year.
- Proof of a negative TB test within the last 12 months and an up-to-date immunization record
- Willing to cover shifts when the need arises.
- Commitment to show up to the shift unless it is unavoidable, and inform well ahead of time if a cancellation is required.
- Communication in English: written and spoken is a must, and in other languages is an asset.
- Friendly, compassionate, and “Just Like Family” as the name goes.
Our mission at Just Like Family Home Care
Is to be a caring, compassionate, caregiver representing the company, you will help the client be as independent as possible by providing the personal care they need; help them be active, by performing the right exercises necessary for them. Be the continuing care member as a team with the various primary caregivers and a medium between the family and the other care teams. Always inform the Manager or Supervisor of any changes or important incidents. Follow the care plan and help the family have the peace of mind they are looking for.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Casual, Internship / Co-op
Contract length: 12 months
Part-time hours: 25 per week
Salary: From $19.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible schedule
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- DCS / DEC (preferred)
- supportive care: 1 year (preferred)
- English (preferred)
- First Aid Certification (preferred)
- Day Shift (required)
Work Location: In person