This temporary position will be held in the Medical Device Reprocessing Department.
As a Surgical Processor, you will be responsible for the decontamination, reassembly and sterilization of hospital supplies, equipment and surgical instrumentation. You will use the principles of aseptic technique and follow Universal Precautions in the prevention of Hospital Acquired Infections (HAI). You will ensure instrumentation and equipment is in proper working order, perform biological, chemical and quality assurance testing and report problems to the supervisor or designate.
- Classification: Surgical Processor
- Union: AUPE GSS
- Unit and Program: Medical Device Reprocessing Department
- Primary Location: Chinook Regional Hospital
- Location Details: As Per Location
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.60
- Posting End Date: 01-JUN-2023
- Temporary Employee Class: Temp P/T Benefits
- Date Available: 13-JUN-2023
- Temporary End Date: 18-FEB-2024
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 8
- Shifts per cycle: 24
- Shift Pattern: Days, Evenings, Weekends
- Days Off: As Per Rotation
- Minimum Salary: $23.51
- Maximum Salary: $26.80
- Vehicle Requirement: Not Applicable
Required Qualifications:Completion of an accredited Medical Device Reprocessing (MDR) program. Completion of an Healthcare Sterile Processing Association (HSPA) certification or Canadian Standards Association (CSA) certification.
Additional Required Qualifications:Must hold and obtain CRCST Certification through HSPA or have CMDRT Certification through CSA. Attention to detail and organization is an asset.
Preferred Qualifications:2-3 years' experience.