Kalrob Machining is looking for an EXPERIENCED Technical Sales and Parts Representative to join our team. The successful candidate must have previous Agriculture, Welding, Machining OR Heavy Equipment experience. You will work primarily at the front office, assisting customers, quoting jobs, managing supply chain, inside/outside sales, and supporting our internal Technicians to ensure overall customer satisfaction.
Kalrob is a general machine, welding, and fabricating shop within the Agriculture, Construction, Manufacturing Industry. Shop located 15 minutes outside of Lethbridge in Picture Butte, Alberta.
What’s in it for You?
- Company with excellent community reputation, known for quality, and 30+ years history
- Small town feeling with friendly atmosphere
- Always a busy day with variety
- Proven Company Culture
- Be that friendly face for our customers when they come to us for our help
- Career fulfillment working within a team to help customers and move the business forward
- Competitive wage with performance-based commission structure.
- Comprehensive benefits package, including health, dental, and vision insurance.
- Develop and maintain a thorough understanding of Kalrob's fabrication and Machining capabilities, product offerings, and industry trends.
- Actively identify and pursue new business opportunities by generating leads, answering the phones, and assisting walk-in customers.
- Attend trade shows and be encouraged to network within the industry.
- Establish and maintain relationships with current and prospective customers, serving as their primary point of contact. This includes answering the phone and following up with messages.
- Collaborate with the operations teams to ensure timely and accurate project estimates/quotes, ensuring customer satisfaction.
- Ability to work with vendors on material pricing for estimates.
- Work with management on inventory and parts tracking, including inventory and parts management.
- Negotiate pricing and contract terms with customers, working closely with management to ensure alignment with company goals and objectives.
- Maintain an accurate and up-to-date sales pipeline, tracking sales activities and customer interactions.
- Follow up on customer quotes as part of sales tracking.
- Meet or exceed established sales targets and objectives.
- Provide regular feedback to management on market trends, competitor activities, and opportunities for improvement.
- Special projects as required.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in technical sales, preferably within the fabrication or manufacturing industry.
- Minimum of 2-4 years of experience in inventory, parts, and stock management preferably within the fabrication or manufacturing industry.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills including the ability to use judgement, sensitivity, empathy and professionalism when interacting with customers and employees over the phone and in-person
- Preferred strong understanding of fabrication processes and materials, including welding, machining, and assembly.
- Experience within the agriculture, livestock, or heavy equipment industry is considered an asset.
- Attention to detail and performing estimates.
- Computer competence is a must with Excel and Outlook
- Self-motivated, results-driven, and comfortable working both independently and as part of a team.
- Comfortable in an busy environment which at times can be tense under tight deadlines.
- The ability to perform physical work which includes repetitive lifting of up to 50lbs
- Valid Drivers License
- Ability to provide a clear criminal record check
Job Type: Full-time
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
- Monday to Friday
Supplemental pay types:
- Bonus pay
- Commission pay
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Picture Butte, AB T0K 1V0: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person