Do you know what makes The Home Depot the largest home improvement retailer in the world? Our people. We do all we can to empower those within the Home Depot to tap into their potential and make a difference where it matters most – for our customers and for themselves.
Do you have what it takes to make an impact on the world’s largest home improvement retailer?
Discover what it’s like to be part of a team responsible for helping millions of people complete thousands of home improvement projects every year. Search corporate careers today.
Tool Rental Service Technicians are responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of equipment in the tool rental department. Providing outstanding service to customers by having available equipment that is reliable and properly maintained is the key responsibility of this position. Service Technicians must have a thorough knowledge of all tools and must effectively manage the tool inventory by maintaining the tools and repairing them as necessary. This position also involves forecasting and ordering parts for repair, using a computer to process transactions, training Tool Rental Associates on how to turn and service tools properly, maintenance duties (e.g., keeping work area clean and organized), and acting as a Sales Associate on the floor.
We're looking for the type of associates who can tap into their inner orange by:
- Performing preventive maintenance on tools
- Forecasting and maintain an adequate inventory of parts for repair
- Using information from manuals, vendors, etc. to help diagnose problems and restore equipment
- Cleaning, inspecting, and preparing tools for rental to customers
- Ensuring tools are repaired and available for rental in a timely manner while keeping costs to a minimum
- Processing tool rental transactions (logging repairs and work orders, generating contracts, taking deposits, turning contracts into invoices upon equipment return etc.)
- Training Tool Rental Sales Associates on turning, operation, and minor repair of new and existing tools
- Helping customers by providing information and answering questions
- Ensuring rental equipment is properly displayed, signed, and maintained
- Troubleshooting and maintenance of all equipment
- Demonstrating working knowledge and/or hands-on experience with all products in department
- Must operate cash register and follow all related procedures
- Maintaining a high level of knowledge of all tools including how to maintain, repair, order parts, proper usage, etc.
- Analyzing information to recognize potential problems, identifying causes of equipment problems (loose parts, misuse by customers, etc.) and proposing solutions
- Providing outstanding customer service
- Safety expectations for this role are outlined under The Home Depot Canada Environmental Health & Safety Management system element under "Worker"
The kind of orange were looking for will possess:
- Minimum time in position and performance management code requirements of V2 (or P3 in previous system)
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings and weekends
- Excellent communication skills and customer service skills
- Knowledge of all policies, procedures and duties related to customer service
- Excellent decision making ability and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of tools including how to maintain, repair, order parts, proper usage, etc.