Full Job Description
Family Pet Hospital & 24hr Pet Emergency Centre is hiring a full time Veterinary Receptionist to join our passionate and dedicated team. This role will also be cross trained as a Veterinary Assistant
As a customer service representative, we are the face of the hospital. We are the first team member our clients see or the first voice our clients hear, which means we can make or break the first impression of Family Pet Hospital. Our job is very important and we are an integral part of the hospital.
We are looking for a friendly and driven person to join our work family. The ideal candidate will have a positive attitude, a willingness to learn, great client service skills and a strong desire to help nurture the human-animal bond.
Your role at Family Pet Hospital will include:
· Answering and maneuvering through a multi-line phone system
· Booking appointments through Avimark
· General cleaning and care of the lobby, exam rooms and lobby bathroom
· Learning about veterinary diets and pet insurance
· Accurately preforming administrative duties. Scanning, reminder calls, faxing and emailing.
· Respectfully and professionally interact with clients who may be experiencing trauma or loss.
- Positive and energetic attitude
- Willingness to learn
- Strong communication skills and ability to work as a team and independently
- Ability to pay close attention to detail
- Compassionate attitude when providing care to clients and patients
- Ability to remain calm and efficient in stressful situations
- Previous veterinary education or experience is preferred
Job Type: Full-time