Full Job Description
We like to say that we find solutions for the everyday stuff. We’re problem solvers. We’re an engaged team that works together, and for those that work here they say we’re also like family.
Vallen is a leading provider of indirect industrial supplies – all those materials that are not part of the products our customers manufacture, and our goal is to make our customers operations run smoothly so they can focus on the core of their business.
Vallen is a member of Vallen North America and is one of Canada’s leading industrial distribution companies headquartered in Edmonton, Alberta.
Scope of Position:
The Warehouse associate may perform the following duties: loading and unloading trucks, order picking, packing, receiving, storage of merchandise and supplies, and general housekeeping.
- Actively supports the Company’s quality process to achieve total satisfaction of external and internal customer’s requirements, striving for error free work.
- May occasionally drive a truck and make deliveries or pick-up merchandise from suppliers.
- Operates a lift truck or a fork truck in picking orders or in storing of merchandise.
- Assists in the annual inventory; may write up receiving or shipping reports; may file documentation.
- Pack orders, write labels, weigh cartons and prepare Loomis and other shipping forms.
- Reports damaged merchandise to supervisor.
- Notifies supervisor for potential security problems.
- Observes safety regulations and wears required safety attire at all times.
- Maintains good housekeeping and reports any dangerous situations or malfunction of equipment, reports fire and safety hazards to their supervisor.
- Follows ISO procedures for Pick-pack-ship and Receiving process, and Verification process.
- May handle walk-in customers for order pickups etc.
- Actively participate in Vallen’s health and safety management system, including training, audits, assessments, safety meetings, and inspections
Education and Training:
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- TGD and WHMIS training an asset.
- Ability to:
- operate all equipment and vehicles safely.
- read, write and communicate effectively.
- operate computer and company software.
- perform simple arithmetic.
- meet deadlines and prioritize.
- Good eye/hand coordination, and good motor skills.
- Valid Class 5 Operator's License
- Minimum 1 year of previous warehouse or shipping/receiving experience an asset.
- Standing, walking, lifting (lifting could go up to 50 lbs).
What’s it like working at Vallen? Upon joining our team, you will become part of a supportive, family-oriented culture where you will be led by a president who fully believes in having an open-door policy. Your suggestions will be heard, and your hard work will be rewarded.
Vallen is an equal opportunity employer committed to increasing diversity in our workforce. We welcome applications from qualified persons in underrepresented ethnic, racial and cultural groups and from people with disabilities.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however, only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
To explore and learn more about Vallen, please visit www.vallen.ca
Visit our other social media sites:
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)