Applicants must be reliable, dependable and bondable (no criminal record), physically fit and able to work at a fast pace within a team environment. Applicants must have strong communication skills and a positive attitudes. This casual position is for vacation and absentee coverage. If you are a reliable employee and don't mind physically demanding work, this is the job for you.
- AM 05:00 - 08:00 (shift may be extended due to late trailers or heavy volumes)
- PM 14:45 - 17:00
- Unload brick loaded parcels from inbound trailers.
- Sort freight with accuracy and efficiency and stack freight on pallets neatly and orderly as directed.
- Material handling required; lifting, handling of cartons, bag envelopes & moving pallets.
- Must be able to reach above your shoulders as well as pick up parcels from floor level return to waist height.
- Various warehouse duties as assigned.
- Applicants who provide job references that confirm you have excellent attendance and reliability will be given preference.
- Must be safety conscious at all times and have steel toed safety footwear - CSA approved.
- Must be reliable and trustworthy.
- Must be 18 years or older.
- Must have transportation to work.
- Must pass a criminal background check.
- Must be physically fit, able to lift up to 50 lbs. unassisted and be able to perform heavy and repetitive lifting.
- Must be able to work within a fast-paced environment.
This casual position provides coverage for vacation and/or employee personal/sick days. No weekend work.
Job Type: Casual
Salary: $18.51 per hour
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB T1C 1V5: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- warehouse: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person