Clean Harbors is looking for a Waste Water Treatment Operator to join their safety conscious team. This Operator provides wastewater treatment services for various Clean Harbors and third-party sites. This position will require 100% travel away from home to Terrace BC offering a 2 week on 2 weeks camp rotation.
- Ensures that Health and Safety is the number one priority by complying with all safe work practices, policies, and processes and acting in a safe manner at all times;
- Operates and maintains Wastewater Treatment plants and related systems in remote camp settings;
- Troubleshoots and corrects process issues and mechanical failures;
- Completes and submits all associated paperwork, as required, for regulatory and safety record keeping requirements.
- Willing to travel away from home up to two weeks at a time;
- Valid Driver's license is required;
- Minimum Wastewater Treatment Level I Certification (Alberta or equivalent) required, Level II certification preferred;
- Water Treatment Level I Certification (Alberta or equivalent) is an asset;
- Minimum 1 year of previous work related experience;
- Previous experience in plumbing and the repair of pumps;
- Previous experience working in a remote camp would be an asset;
- Safety tickets such as First-Aid, Confined Space Entry, H2S Alive, and Fall Arrest is an asset;
- Ability to work with minimal supervision in a team and safety focused environment.
Wondering what to expect in starting your career with Clean Harbors? Click Here to view a Day in the Life Video!
40-years of sustainability in action. Clean Harbors is the leading provider of environmental, energy and industrial services throughout the United States, Canada, Mexico and Puerto Rico. Everywhere industry meets environment, Clean Harbors is on-site, providing premier environmental, energy and industrial services. We are solving tough problems through innovation and proven methodology – come be part of the solution with us.
Join our safety focused team today! To learn more about our company, and to apply online for this exciting opportunity, visit us at https://careers.cleanharbors.com/
For additional information about driver career opportunities, please call us at 1-833-32-DRIVE (1-833-32-37483)
We thank all those interested in joining the Clean Harbors team; however only those that complete the online application and meet the minimum job qualifications will be considered for this role.
Clean Harbors is a Military & Veteran friendly company.