$20–$26 an hour
Canadian Driver's License (Required)
Construction: 1 year (Preferred)
Demolition: 1 year (Preferred)
Show 4 more benefits
Full Job Description
Ever felt like you’re drowning in stress? Water damage in a home or business is one of the most stressful events our clients might ever experience. Water Damage Technicians at On Side do the work to evaporate water-related stress, bringing calm, order and dryness to all!
The Job – Water Damage Technician
At On Side, Water Damage Technicians (WDTs) go wherever a burst pipe, blocked drain, sewer backup (yes, sometimes it’s one of those situations) or other water-related disaster calls. Understanding the urgency of the situation and working with customers in a caring, calm and empathetic manner are paramount to the success of a WDTs day! Working as a team, WDTs mop up the mess to ensure everything is shipshape and ready to get back to the pre-disaster state.
What you bring:
A WDT brings a bunch of abilities to their work, the most important being a ‘get it done!’ attitude. Additional abilities include:
- Mechanical aptitude— you can look at something and just know how it works
- Detail oriented and curious
- Organized with a good sense of time— you’re rarely late and know where all your tools are
- Physically fit— water damage can, at times, include heavy lifting and getting into (and out of) tight places
- Friendly and enjoys working in a team!
- A safety-first mindset
- Valid driver’s licence and a clean criminal record (we do check)
- Ability to communicate in English
Past industry experience (although not required) that can translate into success as a WDT includes: demolition work, carpenter, apprentice, construction labourer, plumber, farm hand, janitor, landscaper, vac truck operator, laborer, swamper, technician.
Other stuff that will contribute to your success but isn’t required:
- IICRC Water Damage Technician Certification (if you don’t have this, we’ll help you get it!)
Disasters can strike at any time so a rotating schedule of 24/7 after hours on-call work is a requirement.
What’s in it for you?
We’re an established company in a growing industry and we need awesome people! We WANT to start you off on a career path you’ll love, we WANT you to be fulfilled by your work and we WANT to provide you with a steady pay-cheque. We also love that we’re able to provide an employee assistance program, excellent health plan which includes extended medical (chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, vision, and more!) dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
We provide on the job training with opportunity for development—promotions and national career movement are yours for the taking (well, with a few months under your belt). At On Side we work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Get on our side!
Both major weather disasters and minor accidents involving water, fire, and more happen every day, and in our industry this is how we keep busy, restoring properties 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Mother Nature usually doesn’t wait for an invitation, but we’re in the business of dealing with party crashers, and we’ve done it for over 40 years!
We have branches from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland and (almost) everywhere in between. Our fantastic team of over 1,350 employees stretches far and wide across Canada, and we’re growing—YOU could be the next great addition!
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $20.00-$26.00 per hour
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- 8 hour shift
- On call
Supplemental pay types:
- Overtime pay
- Have you ever dealt with water damage from flooding in a home?
- Do you have experience with drying tools (air movers, negative air machines, pressurized drying systems, floor drying systems, dehumidifiers)?
- Are you mechanically inclined?
- Are you physically fit and can be in tight spaces?
- Can you work a rotating on-call schedule?
- Do you have a valid IICRC certificate?
- Construction: 1 year (preferred)
- Demolition: 1 year (preferred)
- Canadian Driver's License (required)
Work Location: One location