Water Truck Operators - Must hold valid Standard First Aid CPR/AED, H2S Alive, and CSO certificatesAlberta
*Summer dates available*
We’re looking for experienced, reliable, and professional Water Truck to join the Movac Team! Our team provides safe and efficient fluid services for both construction and oilfield drilling and completions projects.
Summary of Position
WATER TRUCK OPERATOR
$400 a day including daily performance bonus
Summary of Position
Our Water Truck Operators provide safe and efficient hot water services for our Fort McMurray clients.
- Safely drive and operate your assigned water truck at various client sites while complying with all safe work practices, policies, and standard operating processes.
- Actively participate in hazard identification and complete all associated paperwork.
- Perform proper pre-and post-trip inspections, routine maintenance, and basic repairs
- Understand load securement, hours of service regulations and can maintain a logbook
- Communicate with the team, cross-shifts, supervisors, and logistics.
- Participate in training and development activities.
- Be Fit for Duty for scheduled work as this is a safety-sensitive position.
Experience & Qualifications
- Class 3 or Class 1 license with a clean driver’s abstract required.
- Must hold valid Standard First Aid CPR/AED, H2S Alive, and CSO certificates
- Previous driving experience with 18 speed manual transmissions a must
- Minimum of 1 year experience operating a water truck
- Vac Truck experience considered an asset
- Able to work in a safety conscious environment with minimal supervision.
- Possesses basic maintenance knowledge and can troubleshoot
- Positive, reliable team player. Flexible and able to adapt to change.
Why choose Movac?
- Full-service camp living while on shift
- FIFO from Calgary and Edmonton available for certain projects
- Flight Allowance for out of province qualifying candidates
- Competitive wages based on skills and experience
- Positive and safe work environments with the opportunity for growth and development
Hours of work (Rotation)
- Rotating schedules of 2 weeks on, 1 off.
- 12 hour shifts
- Day shifts for 2 weeks, one week off, night shifts for 2 weeks, one week off.
At Movac, we believe in the strength of teamwork, innovative thinking, and collaboration and see exciting opportunities ahead. Our dedicated people are the key to success, and we are proud of the expertise and teamwork that is consistently demonstrated across all projects and areas of the business.
We thank all applicants interested in joining the Movac Team; however only candidates selected for interviews will be contacted. Movac is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates, supports, and thrives on diversity, and is committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
If you meet the above requirements, please apply through Indeed and upload copies of all of your current tickets.
Job Types: Full-time, Fixed term contract
Salary: $400.00 per day
- 12 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Do you have experience operating end dumps or semi-vacs?
- oilsands/mine driving: 1 year (preferred)
- Vac Truck Operation: 1 year (preferred)
- Water Truck Operation: 1 year (preferred)
- current CSO ticket (preferred)
- current First Aid certification (preferred)
- current H2S ticket (preferred)
- Class 3 Licence (or Class 1 licence) (preferred)
Work Location: In person