BLOOD TRIBE DEPARTMENT OF HEALTH INC.
INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.
TITLE: Wellness Monitor
PROGRAM: Bringing the Spirit Home – Lethbridge Shelter
REPORTING TO: Coordinator
SUMMARY OF WORK:
Under the direction of the Coordinator, the Wellness Monitor will be responsible to provide daily wellness monitoring of
the clients inside the Lethbridge Shelter and surrounding area, ensuring clients are safe, respected, feel welcomed, and call
the right emergency personnel when required.; they will also be responsible to provide support to the interdisciplinary
team where needed. The Wellness monitor will also provide peer support to clients by providing social connections and
referrals to the staff at the shelter.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL QUALITIES:
• Education as a Health Care Aide (asset) or in Addictions and Mental Health, or other related Health Sciences.
• Ability to work collaboratively as a member of a multidisciplinary team.
• Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
• Able to work evenings, as well as some weekends and holidays.
• Personal experience in recovery from addiction challenge(s), and ability to draw upon
wellness and recovery in providing intentional peer support (asset).
• Providing direct human services to clients who are economically disadvantaged, experiencing mental health
challenges, and/or drug/alcohol dependence in a diverse environment.
• Familiarity with community resources; such as addiction, mental health, income assistance, and harm reduction.
• Understands and maintains clientele/worker boundaries.
• Understanding of the issues surrounding homelessness, unemployment, mental health, drug and alcohol
dependence and harm reduction.
• Demonstrated ability to supervise, monitor, and support clients.
• Ability to work independently or in a team setting.
• Strong ability to manage stress and organize workload.
• Strong physical and mental ability to perform work task and operate job related equipment.
• Excellent verbal and written communication, organizational skills and the ability to maintain detailed and accurate
• In accordance with the BTDH Salary Grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Ongoing
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Copies of Credentials, Current Criminal Record Check, including vulnerable
sector and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB T0L 1Y0
FAX : 403-737-3985
E-mail : firstname.lastname@example.org