Full Job Description
Whissell Contracting Ltd has established a solid reputation for providing construction solutions in Alberta and British Columbia. We are built on strong core values and take pride in our Team, our dedication to Safety, and excellence in the work we do. For over 5 decades, Whissell’ s expertise has focused on deep Underground Utility infrastructure and Earthwork construction services.
Whissell is looking for individuals that want to be part of an industry leader whose goals are to keep ahead of the curve on technology and innovative solutions. If you are committed to growing Whissell services, divisions, and innovating renewable energy solutions to the industry, Apply today! We look forward to you joining our Team.
Whissell is currently looking for a Construction Laborer to join our Lethbridge team! The successful candidate will display high attention to detail as they assist the Team with tasks around the site. Reporting to the Foreman and Superintendent the laborer will support Whissell’s vision, mission, S.P.I.R.I.T of values, and three daily pillars of Safety, Quality, and Efficiency.
- 6 months of construction experience (pipelines, underground and tunnel work)
- Handle up to 13.5 kg (30 lbs)
- Load, unload and transport construction materials
- Erect and dismantle concrete forms, ramps, catwalks shoring, and barricades
- Level earth to specs, clean and pile salvaged materials, remove rubble and other debris
- Equipment: Own steel-toes safety boots
- Work Conditions and Physical Capabilities: Repetitive tasks, Handling heavy loads, physically demanding
- Applicants must be able to speak, read and write English
- Very physical laboring position that requires standing, walking, bending, and lifting for long periods of time
- Seasonal, full-time, and weekends
- Work Site Environment: Outdoors
- Must have your own transportation
- Must have own steel-toes safety boots
What We Offer You:
- Competitive wage depending on experience
- Excellent Health and Dental benefit plan
- Amazing Professional and Career development opportunities
- Strong commitment to safety in the workplace
- Wonderful team, Whissell is Family owned and operated
PLEASE NOTE: All Whissell employees are required to pass a Pre-Employment Drug & Alcohol Test and provide a valid Driver’s Abstract (no more than three months old) prior to starting work.
Overtime may be required during peak months.
To apply, please submit your resume and driver’s abstract letter through indeed or visit our website www.whissell.ca/jobs/ TO APPLY!
At Whissell we value diversity of expertise, talent and opinion creating an innovative and collaborative environment. We are committed to a respectful and inclusive workplace and welcome applications from all qualified individuals.
No agencies please.
Job Type: Full-time
- Bonus pay
- Dental care
- Extended health care
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 10 hour shift
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
Employees are expected and required to follow all safety and PPE measures, including maintaining physical distancing of 2 meters. Whissell evaluates these requirements regularly and follows the recommendation by health authorities and we adjust the require
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (preferred)
- Labourer: 2 years (preferred)