Reporting to the Petroleum Manager, the Yard Attendant is responsible for delivering world-class customer service by promptly responding to customer needs, loading products, and finding items for customers. This role is also expected to complete pricing, stocking, inventory, and shipping/receiving in the warehouse, maintain the cleanliness and housekeeping standards of the main warehouse, yard, and all other storage buildings, and maintain a professional representation of South Country Co-op.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License with a clean driver’s abstract and have the physical ability to perform warehouse and yard functions, including the ability to lift and move more than 55 lbs. on a daily basis. This role will be required to work outside in extreme weather conditions; being mechanically inclined is an asset.
- High School diploma or equivalent preferred
- Previous related work experience would be an asset
- Forklift and skid steer experience are an asset
- Effective attention to detail and a high degree of accuracy
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
- Customer-focused perspective with a strong ability to quickly establish credibility
*Please note, you may be required to undergo pre-employment substance testing in accordance with South Country Co-op Policies.
Internal candidates who apply by Tuesday, January 31, 2023, at 5:00 pm will be given first consideration, based on seniority, ability, and fitness to perform the work satisfactorily. They must submit the Internal Candidate Verification Form.