At Southland Trailers we build it better, and we build it together! We’re innovators who are obsessed with finding ways to improve everything around us from our products and processes to contributing to the communities that we live in. We are currently looking for people to join team. Do you;
- Take pride in the work that you do?
- Want recognition for your hard work?
- Like to learn and continually improve?
- Like working with great teams?
We are looking for a hardworking yard maintenance worker to monitor and maintain our company’s grounds. In this role, you will be required to perform general landscaping duties, operate ground maintenance equipment (loader, bobcat, mini excavator, riding mower), apply weed killer, maintain the production yards (fill in holes, grade for drainage), and snow removal in the winter.
To ensure success as a yard maintenance worker, you should have in-depth knowledge of landscaping techniques, experience with mechanical equipment, and a good eye for detail. A top-class yard maintenance worker uses their horticulture knowledge and landscaping skills to ensure grounds are always neat and prime for production needs.
Required Skills & Experience
- High school diploma or GED.
- Previous experience in landscaping or road working is preferred.
- Experience in operating mechanical landscaping equipment required.
- Knowledge of fertilizers and pesticides.
- Ability to work in harsh weather conditions.
- Physically fit and able to lift heavy objects.
- Good creativity and visualization skills.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Meeting with maintenance management to discuss yard issues.
- Assessing the grounds.
- Inspecting and maintaining the production yards and parking lots.
- Applying weed killer to the fence lines and around the property.
- Identifying and extracting weeds.
- Mowing the grass with ride-on mowers.
- Snow removal (winter).
- Operating the mobile equipment.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process.
We thank all applicants for their interest; however only candidates selected for an interview will be notified.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $28.00-$38.00 per hour
- Company events
- Dental care
- Employee assistance program
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- No weekends
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Lethbridge, AB T1H 6G3: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
- Heavy equipment operation: 1 year (preferred)
Work Location: In person