NohKohWaa is a 24-7 Family & Youth Centre in Fort Macleod. NohKohWaa recognizes the impact colonization has had and intends to realign and reconnect with our true Indigenous nature supported by those who truly understand from their own lived experience. A home is not made with bricks and mortar or wood and nails; a home is made with love, kindness and respect. We could live in any building, anywhere in the world but if love is absent, happiness will evade us. NohKohWaa believes a home is where every child is valued and knows their worth.
Nohkohwaa’s Youth Support Workers will carry out pre-approved program goals and hold the overall vision of the Centre. They will coordinate and supervise activities between Nohkohwaa’s different programs. The Youth Support Worker is responsible for supporting clients in the various programs, activities, development, and connecting with elders for ceremony, circles and guidance. They will also need to follow policies and have strong documentation skills. The Youth Support Worker is guided by Nohkohwaa’s Program Standards, Ministry of Children’s Services, Licensing, and Canadian Accreditation Standards. This position reports directly to their Programs Team Lead.
Requirements & Qualifications
- Degree, Diploma or Certificate in Social Work and/or Human Services
- Minimum 1-2 years experience working in a child and youth care setting
- In depth understanding of the Ministry of Children Services/Residential Facilities/Indigenous Culture
- Child Welfare Intervention check/Criminal Record check or Proof of submission
- Drivers Abstract & a valid class 5 Drivers License
- Knowledge of Blackfoot and/or Indigenous language an asset
- Experience working in Indigenous communities a must