Full Job Description
Description: The Food Service Worker I portions, packages and/or serves food items according to menu, diet protocol, portion control and temperature standards within an acute care or continuing care setting. The position is also responsible for washing and putting away dishes and cleaning kitchen and surfaces throughout the kitchen. This position is covered by the terms and conditions of the CUPE 408 St. Michael's Collective Agreement.
- Classification: Food Service Worker I
- Union: COV CUPE 408 (St. Michael's)
- Unit and Program: Nutrition, Food, Linen & Environmental Services (NFLES)
- Primary Location: St. Michael's Health Centre
- Location Details: As Per Location
- Multi-Site: Not Applicable
- FTE: 0.80
- Posting End Date: 20-SEP-2022
- Employee Class: Regular Part Time
- Date Available: 30-SEP-2022
- Hours per Shift: 7.75
- Length of Shift in weeks: 6
- Shifts per cycle: 24
- Shift Pattern: Days, Weekends
- Days Off: As Per Rotation
- Minimum Salary: $17.78
- Maximum Salary: $19.39
- Vehicle Requirement: Not Applicable
Required Qualifications:Required Qualifications: Completion of Grade 10 or recognized equivalent required.
Additional Required Qualifications:Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, fluent in English. Basic computer skills are necessary. Ability to work as part of a team and independently. Possess good time management skills, able to follow directions, work to deadlines and has attention for detail. Capable to meet the physical demands of the position; able to stand for long periods of time and ability to occasionally lift at least 60 lbs. and possess the fortitude to work in a hospital setting.
Preferred Qualifications:Previous food service experience in a care facility or an institutional setting, WHMIS, Food Safe Certification and Customer Service course work are all desired.