Manager in the day-to-day operation of the Housekeeping Department through supervision of all
department staff, inspecting for quality control, standards and exercising expense control.
MAJOR DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Trained in all sub-departments of the Housekeeping Department for emergency situations.
- Conduct A.M. and P.M. occupancy status reports and verify current and accurate information of
all guest and meeting rooms in the hotel to keep the Housekeeping Manager and the Front Desk
updated at all times.
- Daily recording and follow-up of maintenance items reported by the Housekeeping staff and
during daily inspections.
- Respond to calls from guests and requests from employees
- To provide verbal and written reports to management.
- Perform daily room inspections, two written inspections per room Attendant.
- Prepare show rooms, V.I.P. rooms for quality control, standard and maintenance issues.
- Maintain current status of all out of order rooms, ensuring all guest and function rooms are the
best possible conditions at and available for guest use.
- Perform daily quality control inspections of suites; meeting rooms, common areas, storage
rooms, exterior grounds, stairwells and all areas under control of the Housekeeping department
to ensure all standards, cleanliness are being met.
- Maintain a professional and supervisory demeanour at all times, setting an example for all staff.
- Assist the Housekeeping Manager and assist with training new and existing staff members.
- Completion of daily administration requirements e.g. scheduling, purchasing, lost and found,
key control and housekeeping reports.
- Train and supervise all housekeeping staff, with complete follow-up work on performance
issues, proper care of equipment and cleaning as well as productivity assignments.
- Preparation of daily work assignments for all departmental employees, prior to their starting
times, according to occupancy demands and functions booked in the hotel, keeping within
- Ensure that all departmental staff report to work on time and in proper uniform and follow
hotel grooming and dress standards.
- Follows required documentation and corrective measures regarding employee discipline and
Health and Safety issues, including WCB and internal accident reports.
- Exercise excellent interpersonal and guest relation skills and respond to requests for service
promptly and efficiently.
- Maintain proper internal control and key control procedures, at the beginning, during and at the
end of your shift.
- Administer the hotel lost and found procedures and ensure the articles are documented and
securely stored and locked.
- Complete duties as assigned daily by the Housekeeping Manager.
PLEASE NOTE: This Job Description is not neither definite nor restrictive and may be modified or added to in
the future to meet changing needs