Full job description
Interested in growing your career with a global company? If so, our Production Technician may be the perfect opportunity for you here at our Lethbridge facility. In the Production Technician role, you will be deeply integrated with our safety culture that values recognition and continuous improvement. You will have a variety of responsibilities throughout the year, which gives you exposure to, and knowledge of, many areas of our business. You will join a team that provides a strong training program and foundation to advance your career in a variety of areas including Agronomy, Operations Management/Leadership, and more!
At Corteva Agriscience, you will help us grow what's next. No matter what your role, you will be part of a team that is building the future of agriculture – solving the world's food problems through innovation, technology, and putting people first.
$2,500 SIGN ON BONUS!
What You'll Do:
- Work and interact directly with canola seed growers in the summer
- Perform responsibilities associated with general plant operations from receiving seed to shipping packaged seed at the Lethbridge Plant
- Operation of various types of plant equipment such as sizing, gravity operation, spiral separators, seed treatment applicators, packaging equipment
- Conditioning activities such as cleaning and sizing, treating and packaging, palletizing, wrapping and sampling
- Could involve process orders, tag printing, grading, data entry and documentation of government records
- Shipping/receiving, interplant movement, rework, warehousing, and inventory management of bagged and bulk seed, including the safe operation of forklifts
- Harvest activities from receiving to storage
- Compliance with Work Instructions and Quality Plan requirements
- Repair and maintenance on plant equipment as required
What Skills You Need:
- Education: High School Diploma/GED OR are willing and able to obtain your GED within one (1) year of hire as a condition of employment
- 0-2 years of experience in a production, manufacturing, or related.
- Valid Class 5 driver's license
- Ability to climb and/or work in elevated areas, standing and sitting for extended periods
- Repetitive lifting up to 50 pounds, with or without reasonable accommodation
- Willingness to work both outdoors and indoors in hot, cold, wet, dry, and dusty conditions
- Competent computer skills
- Organization Skills
- Ability to work autonomously with limited supervision
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, reliability, work accuracy, and timeliness
- Willing and able to work overtime/weekends/holidays when needed
- Willing and able to work shift work
What Makes You Stand Out:
- Post-secondary education related to agriculture or related field of study
- Experience in light industrial, manufacturing, field production/farming, seed cleaning and handling, or warehouse
- Knowledge of farming, production agriculture and production plant operations
Relocation assistance not offered for this position.
VISA Sponsorship is (not) available for this position.
This positions is required to work in office.