In Medicine Hat, you'll enjoy countless opportunities to experience the great outdoors in the near-endless sunshine we're so famous for. And here at the City of Medicine Hat, you'll have a chance to build a challenging and rewarding career servicing your neighbors and your community.
As part of the Customer Care team you will be responsible for responding to customer inquires, maintaining the customer database and receiving and balancing payments.
Our ideal candidate
- Has excellent customer service and communication skills
- Demonstrates a professional, pro-active, positive, and energetic attitude
- Has solid computer skills in a network environment utilizing an Enterprise Resource System
- Has strong planning, organization, and multi-tasking skills
- Successful completion of a one (1) year certificate in Office Technology from a recognized post-secondary institution.
- Three (3) years' experience in dealing with the public, in sensitive situations while maintaining a positive image which includes one (1) year experience in a computerized billing/accounting environment.
- Completion of training in Customer Service is an asset.
- An equivalent combination of management approved training and experience may be considered.
Short listed applicants may be required to undergo relevant testing for this position.
We thank all applicants; however only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
The City of Medicine Hat saved $388,512 per year as eBilling adoption rate hits 50% milestone. Medicine Hat continues to be a leader in electronic billing, an initiative that launched in 2013 in response to customer calls for a greener billing option. The eUtility platform provides customers with 24/7 access to information. THAT'S INNOVATION, MEDICINE HAT STYLE!