Reporting to the Agro Manager, the Facility Assistant is responsible for delivering world-class customer service and developing diagnostic agronomy and inter-personal skills, while gaining insight into the sales, operational and administrative functions of the company. Duties include loading products, finding items for customers, receiving, and unloading inventory in the warehouse, answering telephones, practicing good housekeeping standards, and making deliveries. The Facility Assistant is an entry-level role and opens the door to future opportunities with the Co-op system.
Qualifications: Candidates must possess a valid Class 1 driver’s license with a clean driving record and should possess knowledge of Agriculture products. Preference will be given to candidates who have post-secondary education or are working towards a diploma or degree in Agricultural programs.
- Agronomy competence attained through experience in the Agriculture business is preferred
- Ability to complete and successfully pass a pre-employment alcohol and substance test
- Clean drivers abstract, Class 1
- Physical ability to perform warehouse and yard functions, including the ability to lift and carry more than 55 lbs. on a regular (daily) basis
- Forklift and skid steer experience is an asset
- Excellent internal and external customer service skills
- Able to work independently
- Able to read land locations and maps
- Ability to adapt to new technology
- High level of integrity and work ethic
- Ability to deal with people sensitively, tactfully, diplomatically, and professionally at all times
- Ability to effectively communicate both orally and in writing
- High flexibility with strong interpersonal skills that allow one to work effectively in a diverse environment
- Ability to respond quickly in a dynamic and changing environment
- Positive attitude with a willingness to learn
Availability: Mon - Fri, (occasional Saturdays)
*Please note, you will be required to undergo pre-employment substance testing in accordance with South Country Co-op Policies.