Assist in the unloading of raw material, supporting areas of processing as well as general cleaning and sanitation of the machines and plant.
Relationships and Contacts:
The General Laborer reports to the Shift Manager. This person will interact with all plant employees.
- Ability to identify potential hazards
- Open communication with peers/support groups (upstream/downstream, process engineers, mechanics, technicians, QA, etc)
- Ensure the plant meets Irving Standards (interior/exterior premises plant sanitation)
- Daily inspection and maintenance of equipment
- Update daily management boards and documents
- Take direction from Shift Managers and Packaging Supervisors
- Guide trailers into bins
- Ensure truck rotation is fast and efficient
- Potato inventory
- Relieve other General Labors for breaks, vacation, and sickness
- Relieve or assist Utility Operator and Raw Graders
- Other duties as assigned
- Ensure the safety of self and others including proper training
- Proper use of required tools and equipment
- Using or wearing the protective equipment designated by the accident prevention policy
- Follow safe work procedures
- Reporting immediately to their supervisor any unsafe conditions or acts
- Reporting all accidents or injuries to your supervisor immediately
- Report food safety and quality issues to personnel with authority to initiate actions.
- Follow good manufacturing practices and HACCP rules.
- Participate in food safety and quality programs of the facility within the specific role
- Reporting of food safety, food security and quality concerns to the immediate supervisor and action within the role
- Participate in sanitation activities
- Thorough understanding of customer expectations and requirements
- Able to work shift work and weekends
- Able to work well with others and alone
- Be hard working and reliable
- Work in a safe, efficient manner
- Follow personal hygiene rules
- JD Edwards Operating System
- Process and Applicable Equipment 101
- Problem solving and troubleshoot skills
- Understanding of machine functionality and processes
- Ability to stand/walk for 12 hours
- Ability to squat, bend, kneel, reach, twist, use ladders, climb stairs
- Occasional lifting up to 50lb/ 23kg
- Occasional carrying up to 50lbs/23kg
- Occasional push/pull up to 50lb/23kg
- Ability to work at heights
- Ability to work in cold environments
Apply online by June 26th, 2022.
To learn more about our products and services, click here.
Cavendish Farms, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, or protected Veteran status.