We want you to join our team! A place you can hang your hat and call home. We value the power of diversity and inclusion! With a Mission to build and operate person-directed communities, we value individuality, dignity, knowledge, and hospitality.
The role of Health Care Aide role will be serving the community in Medicine Hat Care Community. The Health Care Aide is responsible for ensuring top resident care is priority, with a high level of focus in time management.
Skills and key deliverables that will take you further:
- Strong team player that has exceptional and patient leadership skills
- Coordinate various business activities within the vision, objectives, and philosophy of Connecting Care
- Passionate personal commitment to Person Directed Care approaches
- Assists the Resident with personal care as authorized by the Homecare Nurse
- Provides medication assistance to the Residents, according to current Well-Being Strategies
- Strives to attain excellence in Resident, family member and employee care partner satisfaction
- Friendly with a sense of humor and the utmost respect and care for all persons
- Supports the Resident’s lifestyle in a community environment in accordance with the Resident’s individualized Care Plan
- Knowledge of supportive living services, assessment, and care planning
- Maintain ongoing compliance with applicable provincial and federal regulatory standards
- Demonstrates remarkable relationship building with Residents, family members, internal and external care partners to ensure the vibrancy of our community
- Flexible, willingness to prioritize and re-adjust routines, open to change for the benefit of the community
- Strong organizational, communication, and time and resource management skills
- Excellent problem solving and conflict resolution skills, deal effectively with difficult or crisis situations
- Ongoing monitoring and continuous quality improvement
- Initiative-taking with accident and injury prevention, adherence to health and safety work practices within community
- Participates in ongoing educational programs
- Complete general light housekeeping, laundry and dining room duties as directed
- Maintain and adhere to confidentiality, professionalism of community, and accountability of all care partners
Foundational knowledge and experience to grow from:
- Must be a graduate of a recognized Health Care Aide program and registered in the Alberta HCA Directory
- Grade 12 Diploma or recognized equivalent is required
- Valid Certification in First Aid and CPR
- Obtain prior to employment, a clear criminal record check with vulnerable sector check
Why join our team?
- Competitive wage
- Benefits – Life, Health, Dental, and Health Spending Account (all permanent FTE lines that are 24 hours + qualify for benefits and RRSP)
- RRSP program with employer matching (If eligible)
- Career and professional growth
- Looking for a happy corporate culture! The term staff is not used here, we are Employee Care Partners!
Thank you for applying. Please note only successful candidates will be contacted.