Full Job Description
Do you like work that has the potential to make a positive difference in someone's life? Perhaps you are tired of spending most of your income on fuel to travel from place to place to do your work? Or maybe you would prefer to work in a smaller, family-like environment? If you can answer yes to any or all of the above, we are looking for you!!
AdaptaCare Personal Care Homes Inc. (Cedar Creek) is a private continuing care site that provides up to 60 senior Residents with specialized nursing and personal care in a unique, small-scale assisted living facility. We are looking for casual and part-time Health Care Aides who can work days, evenings and nights, during the week, on weekends and holidays.
Reporting to the Licensed Practical Nurse, the Health Care Aide provides personal care and performs selected tasks, which are within their knowledge and skill, under the direction of their supervisor while adhering to Federal and Provincial regulatory standards, policies and procedures.
Responsibilities - The Health Care Aide must:
- Adhere to the care plan as determined by the supervisor;
- Observe and report on residents/clients care/service utilizing appropriate forms or tools;
- Assist residents with personal care and hygiene and activities of daily living;
- Observe and report on changes in residents/clients condition to supervisor;
- Escalate medical emergencies to supervisor or emergency medical services as appropriate;
- Assist with feeding of nutritious meals as required;
- Assist with ambulation, mobilization, transferring and adaptive aids;
- Demonstrate understanding of resident/client needs and maximize abilities;
- Provide cognitive, social, emotional, and psychological support to the resident/family;
- Maintain resident information confidentiality;
- Respond professionally to resident/family concerns and ensure appropriate action taken within decision making authority and or concern communicated to supervisor;
- Assist in maintaining a safe and clean environment, including residents' equipment , belongings, and nursing equipment;
- Observe & report to the Supervisor any concerns regarding client's safety, including physical environment, implement interventions as directed by his/her supervisor & advocate on Resident's behalf to ensure Resident's safety is maintained;
- Work in a position of trust with vulnerable adults (residents);
- Uphold and promote the organization's values and philosophy relating particularly to ethics, morality, and integrity as set out in AdaptaCare's Code of Conduct;
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Q*ualifications *- The Health Care Aide must:
- Be a graduate of the Alberta Health Care Aide program (or provincial equivalent certificate program with minimum 500 hours in Alberta of theory & practicum)
- Have experience working with seniors in the community health services setting
- Possess strong written and oral English communication skills
- Demonstrated organizational and time management skills
- Have strong interpersonal and customer focus skills
- Must have demonstrated sound skills and knowledge of providing personal care duties
- A current Basic Cardiac Life Support and First Aid certification is preferred
- Have the ability to perform tasks that are necessary for the position, e.g. lifting/transferring clients.
- Must provide a complete and current (within six months) Vulnerable Sector Check (including a Criminal Background Check) or be willing to obtain one.
Job Types: Part-time, Casual
Salary: $17.00-$25.00 per hour
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Evening shift
- Monday to Friday
- Night shift
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Weekends only
All staff are currently required to wear a mask while on the premises.
- AEC / DEP or Skilled Trade Certificate (required)
Expected start date: 2022-08-15