Applicant must be in Canada and legally eligible to work, as the company is not offering immigration sponsorship.
We are looking for a hotel maintenance individual to join our team. Our ideal candidate is great at problem-solving, has general handyperson type experience and has a keen eye for detail. The candidate may bring previous experience working in the trades or construction. Hospitality experience is a plus! This position requires a balance between friendly and helpful interactions with guests (and hotel staff) and practical execution of maintenance duties.
Working between the hotel and casino as needed. Some duties may include but are not limited to:
· Complete minor work orders such as replacing ceiling tiles, filters, light bulbs, patching vinyl, painting, repairs to pipelines, toilets, sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment, etc. Perform preventative maintenance duties as assigned
· Monitor efficiency of equipment and electrical systems such as air conditioning controls, guests entrance/access doors, television sets, lighting systems and makes minor repairs and/or replacements to ensure proper operation and maximum efficiency.
· Refurbish furniture and fixtures within guest rooms such as cabinets, tables, chairs, doors, windows and counters. Paint and finish furniture and fixtures in guest rooms, if needed.
· Assists in checking and makes minor repairs on general plumbing systems and fixtures such as pipelines, toilets and sinks, kitchen and laundry equipment.
· Maintain the safety and cleanliness of the exterior of the facility, grounds, pool and exercise/sports facilities (including property signs and lighting)
· Follow procedures that ensure the security of inventory and assets such as tools, supplies, equipment, furniture, televisions, etc., replenishes supplies and inventory in a timely and efficient manner and minimizes waste.
· Report all unsafe conditions or malfunctioning equipment to the manager.
· Respond in a courteous and prompt manner to all guest questions and/or requests to ensure strong guest satisfaction.
· Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other departments.
· Perform other duties as assigned. In carrying out your duties you will follow all Company and Brand Standards.
Benefits are provided to full time employees after 9 months of employment.
Criminal record check required for this position.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00-$18.00 per hour
- Dental care
- Discounted or free food
- Extended health care
- On-site gym
- On-site parking
- 8 hour shift
- Evening shift
- Every Weekend
- Monday to Friday
- Weekend availability
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Medicine Hat, AB: reliably commute or plan to relocate before starting work (required)
Work Location: In person