Full Job Description
We are looking for a few more people to join our production team for the fall season. Precon makes precast concrete products for the underground utilities and irrigation industries. Don't know much about concrete or manufacturing? No problem. If you are dedicated to safety and reliable, we are willing to train you. There are lots of skills to learn here and overtime hours available.
Location: Coalhurst, AB
Start date: ASAP
Hours: 40+ hours/week. Monday to Friday, occasional Saturdays or weekends. Various shift start times. Daytime hours with frequent overtime.
Compensation: Starting rate of $18-$22/hour, commensurate with previous experience.
Key Responsibilities vary with each department but include:
- Work safely; understand and comply with all Precon’s health and safety program, OH&S, and any other applicable legislation.
- Read blueprints and drawings for product specifications. Perform basic math and calculations.
- Check products throughout the manufacturing process for quality control.
- Perform repairs to any flaws or quality issues on concrete product such as patching or grinding.
- Perform ongoing machine and tool adjustments, cleaning, and minor maintenance as necessary in order to maintain cleanliness and health and safety of your work area.
- Move reinforcing, forms, other equipment, and concrete products using forklift or overhead cranes.
- Record manufacturing information such as quantity, quality, and efficiency of goods produced.
- Once certified, trained and competent, operate various power tools and construction tools (table saw, drills, grinders)
- Maintain cleanliness and regular upkeep of work area and other equipment.
- Participate in training and on-going learning opportunities.
- Communicate effectively and work collaboratively with Precon team members.
- Participate in meetings, i.e., morning team Toolbox meeting/stretch, weekly Health & Safety meetings, and others.
- Participate towards the completion of other related tasks and duties as directed or needed.
Once you are certified, trained, and competent, you may also:
- Weld and fabricate reinforcing cages. Set up, adjust, and operate single-function machines to mix, drill, pour concrete to specifications. Vibrate, settle, or tamp concrete.
- Operate overhead crane with loads from 5-30 tonnes, operate heavy motorized machinery such as mobile overhead crane (Shuttle Lift), various sizes of forklifts, up to 33,000 lbs and skid steer in winter season.
Requirements of you:
- Committed to safety; is committed to a healthy and safe work environment. Is willing to do their part and participate in regular meetings, hazard assessments, and other Health & Safety items.
- Very reliable. Can show up to work on time, ready for work, and as scheduled.
- Has reliable transportation to get to and from work (we are located 15 minutes outside of Lethbridge).
- Available to work different start times (5:00am-9:00am), overtime, and weekends if needed.
- Strong work ethic, positive attitude, team spirit. Approaches problems with challenges and solutions.
- Strong communication skills. Able to communicate with others effectively and respectfully.
- Able to work in a fast-paced, manufacturing environment. Is able to work well with others.
- Proficient with basic technology (mobile phones, apps, etc.), and computers.
- WHMIS 2015 certificate.
- Please refer to work conditions and context for further information.
Bonus Points if you have:
- Prior experience in manufacturing, production, construction, basic welding or heavy manufacturing/production machinery.
- ACTIVE tickets and competency in any of the following: Overhead Crane Ticket, Forklift Operator Ticket, Skid Steer Operator or other mobile equipment experience, Fall Protection, Confined or Restricted space, Aerial Lift/Platform, First Aid.
More About Us:
Precon provides a working environment where safety, respect and quality are our highest priorities. We are constantly working to create a culture that supports our employees’ ability to succeed.
- Impressive safety culture and training. Strong COVID/infectious disease protocols to keep you safe.
- Spacious employee lunchroom. Free hot lunch before long weekends.
- After probation: Yearly boot allowance for your steel-toed boots, clothing catalog discounts.
- Competitive compensation.
- Once a permanent employee: Blue Cross benefits package for you and your family. RRSP program to help you start saving for retirement.
- Supportive employees, managers, and family culture.
- Once COVID restrictions have been eased – employee gatherings such as Steps for Life Walk, Golf Tournaments, Family Bowling, summer BBQ’s, etc.
We are currently undergoing a large production facility expansion in Coalhurst – a strong indicator of Precon’s future!
How to Apply:
Please upload your ORIGINAL resume to this ad.
By applying for this position, you consent to the collection, use, and necessary disclosure of the personal information provided during the application and selection process. We thank all applicants for their interest, however, only those selected for interviews will be contacted.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $18.00-$22.00 per hour
- Overtime pay
- Company events
- Dental care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
Flexible language requirement:
- French not required
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
Sanitizing, physical distancing, and COVID-19 sick protocols.
- Do you live within 25 km of Lethbridge?
- Proof of COVID vaccination required in order to be eligible for employment at Precon. If you meet this requirement, please type "YES" and proceed with application.