Full Job Description
Are you a brilliant multitasker who can juggle priorities while providing excellent customer service? Do people call you a miracle worker? Do you just ‘get it done!’ no matter what the ‘it’ is? Then sending On Side an application needs to be at the top of your list of things to get done!
Administrative Assistants, or as we call them Project Administrators (PA’s) at On Side are the MVP’s Project Teams lean on to get every last detail right; so, a project can go from ‘literal disaster’ to ‘what disaster?’ PA’s have their fingers on the pulse of the company and have a reach that extends from the front lines to the back office. Wickedly organized and up for anything a day in the life of a PA is never dull.
Project Administrators are responsible for:
- Overcommunicating, PA’s make sure no one feels left out! Both external and internal customers are top of mind and always know what’s going on. If this were a game show you’d be the ‘call a friend’ friend.
- Documentation (what we used to call paperwork) this is where your attention to detail comes in:
- Collecting it
- Verifying it
- Certifying it
- Filing it (and finding it again later…)
- Making a wide variety of friends! PA’s have friends in Accounts Receivables, Payables, Operations, Scheduling, the list goes on.
- Knowing what’s appropriate to share and what’s not. We are working with people’s personal details. Confidentiality and discretion are key to keeping our customers trust.
- Maintaining order. Disaster projects are, well, disasters. PA’s make sure everything runs smoothly so life can resume and the world can start turning again. No pressure.
What you bring:
- A positive, ‘can do’ attitude!
- A background providing excellent customer service.
- Comfort using Microsoft Office, including Teams, Outlook, Excel and Word. You should be able to use voting button’s, write a formula, change a background, know where and how to use pivot tables and how to format a documents paragraph’s (hint - there will be interview questions on this stuff).
- Tech savviness you’re usually the one people come to with questions about their phone apps and computers don’t scare you. You pick up software intricacies quickly with little training.
- Valid Drivers license & clean drivers abstract
- Clean criminal record
Other stuff that’ll help you get the most of this opportunity:
- If you have experience in an administrative type job or a course from a post-secondary, what are you waiting for! We can’t wait to see your resume!
What’s in it for you?
We’re an established company in a growing industry and we need awesome people! We WANT to start you off on a career path you’ll love, we WANT you to be fulfilled by your work and we WANT to provide you with a steady pay-cheque. We also love that we’re able to provide an employee assistance program, excellent health plan which includes extended medical (chiropractic, massage, acupuncture, vision, and more!) dental, long-term disability (LTD) and life insurance.
We provide on the job training with opportunity for development—promotions and national career movement are yours for the taking (well, with a few months under your belt). At On Side we work hard to embrace diversity and inclusion and encourage everyone to bring their authentic selves to work every day.
Get on our side!
Both major weather disasters and minor accidents involving water, fire, and more happen every day, and in our industry this is how we keep busy, restoring properties 24 hours per day, 7 days a week. Mother Nature usually doesn’t wait for an invitation, but we’re in the business of dealing with party crashers, and we’ve done it for over 40 years!
We have branches from Victoria, BC to St. John’s, Newfoundland and (almost) everywhere in between. Our fantastic team of over 1,350 employees stretches far and wide across Canada, and we’re growing—YOU could be the next great addition!
Job Type: Full-time
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- On-site parking
- Vision care
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Tell us about any Construction/Restoration experience or knowledge you have
- Administration: 1 year (preferred)