Full Job Description
Our Mission to You:
As a certified Great Place to Work®, Seasons believes that every single team member plays an important role in the overall happiness of our residents. We foster a culture of growth and support for our committed team members and offer opportunities for personal and professional development to advance a rewarding career in the seniors housing sector.
What We Look For:
Seasons looks for individuals who are enthusiastic about making a positive difference in the life of another person. We hire individuals who are committed to building meaningful relationships and strive for service excellence so our residents can be proud to call Seasons their home. Keen attention to details, going the extra mile and putting a little “wow” into everything we do is the Seasons way!
We’re looking for a Cook. This role is responsible for ensuring the exceptional preparation and delivery of the resident and guest dining experience using production checks and standardized recipes.
What You Will Do:
- Preparing meals for residents and guests ensuring dietary needs are met
- Operating and cleaning food production equipment and food preparation areas
- Complying with all food preparation standards and health and safety requirements in a clean, safe and sanitary manner
- Washes, cleans and stores dishes, cutlery, fixtures and equipment used for food preparation and service
- All other duties as assigned
Qualifications or Skills Required:
Covid-19 vaccination is mandatory
- Current Safe Food Handler’s Certification
- Must be able to read and communicate effectively, and follow written/verbal instructions
- Ability to organize work and work under strict time constraints
- Must have a high standard of hygiene and cleanliness
- Must be able to operate related equipment
- Experience working in a kitchen is considered an asset
- Ability to lift up to and including 50 pounds is considered an asset
All applicants must be legally entitled to work in Canada. As a condition of employment, a Criminal Record Search which may include a vulnerable sector screen, will be required.
Seasons Retirement Communities (“Seasons”) is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applications from all interested parties. In accordance with Season’s Accessibility Policy, a request for accommodation will be accepted as part of Season’s hiring process.
We thank all applicants for their interest. However only those selected for further consideration will be contacted.
Note during COVID-19: At the outset of the COVID-19 situation in Canada, Seasons Retirement Communities implemented heightened precautionary protocols in all of our homes. We continue to follow the advice of provincial and federal governments, our sector regulators and local Public Health agencies. Job responsibilities are being reviewed and adjusted accordingly to ensure the well-being of the successful candidate.