Full Job Description
Calling High School and University Students! We are looking for Food Service Aide's for our evening dining. The hours are 4-8pm, and as a permanent staff will have 3-4 shifts a week, so as to not interfere with your studies. Minimum hire age is 16 for this role.
The role encompasses the following:
Dining Room Preparation
A comfortable and clean environment is key to feeling at home and being able to enjoy a great meal. FSAs are responsible to:
- Ensure daily menus are posted in all dining rooms
- Set tables neatly and according to meal requirements
- Ensure beverages are available and in proper containers
- Arrange tables and chairs to accommodate walkers and wheelchairs
- Replenish supplies in servery to ensure condiments are full and that variety of snacks are available at all times
- Rotate stock to ensure freshness
- Clean hot food tables and ensure they are stored in designated area
- Clear tables and sanitize according to procedures (How To) specified
- Clean dining room and servery – counters, floors, sinks according to procedures (How To) specified.
Kindness, respect and assistance are hallmarks of great meal service. The FSA will ensure that meals are served impressively, timely and professionally.
- Wear clean uniforms, aprons and hair nets when serving food
- Take and record food temperatures and ensure adherence to safe food temperature guidelines
- Ensure adherence to Safe Food Handling – e.g. proper hand washing practices
- Greet and serve Residents warmly and politely
- Serve meals in aesthetically pleasing manner
- Serve meals and beverages according to Resident preferences and needs
- Ensure meals meet quantity requirements/requests of Residents
- Deliver food trays to Resident suites if required
- Monitor and inform Chef of changes in Resident eating habits
- Return food supplies to appropriate storage area and store according to Safe Food Handling practices
- Report any requirements for supplies to Chef
- Follow the waste management plan – e.g. recycling, composting.
Cleanliness of Food Service Areas
The FSA is expected to maintain a high level of cleanliness in the kitchen, dining rooms, and serveries in order to meet Public Health Standards for practice and cleanliness and minimize infection outbreaks.
- Assist in maintaining clean and organized kitchen, dining rooms and serveries – floors must be clear of debris and clean, all areas should be dust-free
- Perform daily, weekly, monthly and yearly sanitation program checklists as assigned
- Maintain clean and organized kitchen equipment throughout the shift
- Wash dishes/pots according to procedure specified, and place in designated locations
- Complete daily dishwasher temperatures and chemical usage log
- Keep cooler and freezer clean and organized.
This, as an evening position, has a wage differential of $2.75 on top of the wage paid, as well as $3.25 for weekends worked.
Job Types: Part-time, Permanent
Part-time hours: 14 per week
Salary: $15.66-$16.98 per hour
- Casual dress
- Discounted or free food
- Paid time off
Flexible Language Requirement:
- French not required
We have a vaccination policy, and as such, our staff are required to be considered fully vaccinated for communicable diseases, including, but not limited to, COVID-19.
- Reviewing our website - legacylodge.ca , what stands out to you the most? Why will you be the perfect fit for Legacy Lodge?
Application deadline: 2022-06-20
Expected start date: 2022-06-20