Full Time, Part-Time and Casual Lethbridge Wellness Shelter & Stabilization Centre Stabilization Coordinator UMMARY OF WORK:
he Health Care Aide will be responsible to assist clients in their recovery within the Stabilization Unit of the Lethbridge helter. The Stabilization Unit will provide short term care for clients who are on the path to recovery from substance abuse, e unit will work with each client to provide individualized care in regards to housing, mental health and addiction supports, ealth care, and education.
PROFESSIONAL & PERSONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Graduate of an approved/accredited HCA program.
- CPR certificate.
- First Aid and CPR
- Shall be mature, pleasant, and exercise a high degree of initiative and judgment.
- Providing direct human services to clients who are economically disadvantaged, experiencing mental health challenges, and/or drug/alcohol dependence in a diverse environment.
- Familiarity with community resources; such as addiction, mental health, income assistance, and harm reduction.
- Understands and maintains clientele/worker boundaries.
- Understanding of the issues surrounding homelessness, unemployment, mental health, drug and alcohol dependence and harm reduction.
- Must have the necessary communication and interpersonal skills to provide effective interaction between all persons, including coworkers.
- Must act with integrity and treat all information regarding Residents, physicians, employees, and the financial and operational status of the organization as confidential.
- Knowledge of community resources preferred.
- Application of proper body mechanic principles.
- Able to set priorities in the face of multiple demands.
- Ability to function effectively in a dynamic environment.
- Able to sit, walk, transfer, lift, carry equipment and supplies.
As per BTDH Salary Grid.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Ongoing
Please forward a Cover Letter, Resume, Current Criminal Record Check and Copies of Credentials and Three (3) updated references to:
Blood Tribe Department of Health Inc.
C/O: Human Resources
P.O. Box 229
STANDOFF, AB TOL 1YO
Phone: 737-3888 EXT 8408
INCOMPLETE APPLICATION WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED.