Western Tractor – Who We Are
Western has four bright, new locations situated in Lethbridge, Taber, Burdett, and Medicine Hat, where we sell the number one brand of Agricultural, Turf, and Commercial Worksite Products in the world, JOHN DEERE. As a stable and growing company, you can count on us to invest heavily in your career through training, resources, and support while being a part of a fun and team-oriented environment that feels like family.
Sound interesting? Read On!
Reasons to Join Western Tractor!
- We keep our team current by investing twice as much in training as any other JD dealer in Southern Alberta both inside and outside of our dealership.
- Sponsorship to practice your skills and earn on-the-job hours toward your Apprenticeship or Journeyman designation.
- Comprehensive benefits package including an employer matched Registered Retirement Savings Plan.
- We understand the importance of work-life balance and provide paid time off beginning at 3 weeks in your first year of employment.
- A competitive compensation scale, incentive programs, and advancement opportunities.
- We provide you with state-of-the-art agriculture equipment and technology to do your job.
- And much more!
Parts Technician – Burdett
Reporting directly to the Parts Manager, this position will be involved with the sales, promotion, and growth of our parts business, while following our motto of striving to “provide the right part to fit the external or internal customer’s need at the right time, every time”.
What Does A Parts Technician Do?
- Serve customers at the parts counter by understanding their requirements and efficiently locating the correct part to fill their needs
- Suggest additional repair items to the customer that may be related to the particular repair to ensure the success of the repair
- Follow up on special orders and advise customers promptly when they are received.
- Assist with preparing and maintaining merchandising displays
- Actively promote all dealership specials and merchandising campaigns
- Ensure customers always feel welcome and appreciated
What You Bring To The Table
- Journeyman Parts Technician designation or equivalent experience
- Valid class 5 driver's license
- Experience using standard desktop applications such as Microsoft Office and other browser- based programs
- Previous experience with agriculture equipment, preferably John Deere
- Experience connecting with customers, maintaining a professional image, and establishing rapport
- Demonstrated understanding of selling processes
- Excellent customer service and communication skills
- Excellent time management skills with the ability to be adaptable
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Excellent teamwork and collaboration
Ready to Grow Your Career?
Join Western Tractor today and be part of the exciting future of agriculture! If you want a workplace that empowers you to achieve and succeed, we encourage you to submit your resume. Resumes can also be delivered in person to Jordan Meyers at our Burdett Dealership. This position will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.
We thank all applicants for their interest in Western Tractor but only individuals chosen for an interview will be contacted.
Job Type: Full-time
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Will you be able to reliably commute or relocate to Burdett, AB for work?
- Parts technician: 1 year (preferred)
- John Deere agriculture equipment: 1 year (preferred)
- Class 5 license (required)
- Journeyman Parts Technician Designation (preferred)
Work Location: In person