Scale House Attendant
Position Title: Scale House Attendant
Position Type: Regular - Full-Time
Position Location: Coaldale
Requisition ID: 26500
Summary: To oversee operations of the Scale House, maintain Field Department data and records. Provides office assistance and builds relationships with internal and external vendors. There are 4 vacancies available.
Essential Duties / Responsibilities:
- Promotes and adheres to company safety work rules and regulations.
- Communicates and interacts with Field Department personnel, growers, and truck drivers.
- Weighs all incoming raw product, records load weights, and weighs outgoing vehicle for tare weight.
- Keeps accurate field department records including total daily volume of raw product by grower.
- Knowledge and ability to operate Word, Excel, Access, PC&R, and ISN.
- Keeps records according to procedure.
- Answers telephone and conveys messages with appropriate personnel.
- Keeps area clean and orderly in accordance with Good Manufacturing Practices.
- Helps build and promote a strong teamwork environment in each individual work group, the factory, and the company.
- Communicates with the facility for any concerns or questions related to trucks.
- Maintains clear communication with truck operators.
- Ability to keep calm in a busy and demanding environment.
- Cross trained in Guard House to cover as required.
Required Education, Knowledge, Skills & Abilities (Competencies)
- Must have proven history of safe work habits and drive this across the team.
- Efficiency in use of excel spreadsheets.
- PC&R and ISN experience an asset but not required.
- Efficiency in Office Outlook, Excel, and Word
- Ability to prioritize tasks and effectively complete tasks in a busy environment.
- High School Graduate or equivalent.
- Able to exercise good judgment in making decisions relative to their workspace.
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize efficiently using effective time management and organizational skills.
- Must have strong communication skills, ability to follow detailed instructions, and be able to maintain good working relationships with Supervision and coworkers as well as ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Ability to work on a rotating shift basis.
- Must be willing to work in a team-based atmosphere.
There are 4 spots available.
McCain Foods is an equal opportunity employer. We see value in ensuring we have a diverse, antiracist, inclusive, merit-based, and equitable workplace. As a global family-owned company we are proud to reflect the diverse communities around the world in which we live and work. We recognize that diversity drives our creativity, resilience, and success and makes our business stronger.
McCain is an accessible employer. If you require an accommodation throughout the recruitment process (including alternate formats of materials or accessible meeting rooms), please let us know and we will work with you to meet your needs.
Job Family: Agriculture; Customer Service; General & Administration; Manufacturing
Division: NA Potato Manufacturing
Location(s): CA - Canada : Alberta : Coaldale
Company: McCain Foods (Canada)
More Jobs at McCain Foods
About McCain Foods
At McCain Foods we know the importance that food plays in people's lives - the power it has to uplift and bring people, families, businesses and communities together. Guided by our purpose to bring enjoyment to people's lives through great tasting food, we believe that working together with our teams, business and community partners will bring sustainable growth and positive change - today, tomorrow and for generations to come. As a privately owned family company with over 60 years of experience, a presence in over 160 countries and a global team of 21,000 people, our values and culture are at the heart of everything we do. Our product quality, people and customer dedication help us achieve global sales in excess of CDN $9.5 billion. We are passionate about supporting and developing our people-providing opportunities to grow and learn in their roles, as well as building careers for the long term.